ספר יהושע

by Orli Peleg

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

ספר יהושע

I attend school, and have many hobbies, including writing the following: ספר יהושע and ירושלים-עבר והווה יחד. I do plan Read More
  • Joined Mar 2018
  • Published Books 2

פרק ח’

2

HaShem told me that He would give me the land, the king and the people of the Ai. HaShem helped us up until now but for this battle, He requires us to do some work – make an ambush to the west of the city, in enemy territory. Finally, we can get some of the reward.

Image result for joshua battle of ai

I chose 30,000 people for the ambush. I sent them into hiding west of the city at night. How will they be able to pass the city without waking everybody up? They have to be absolutely silent! If they are found the plan would be ruined.

3

I told the people that I with the rest of the army will approach the city. Then we will run away, the people of Ai will chase us. Then the ambush shall rise up, go into the city, and burn it by fire. Make sure that all people in the city are dead! We may keep the animals and the booty. I’ll see the fire I will turn around and point the javelin toward the city. Then we will attack the army of Ai from the bottom (east) and the ambush will attack it from the top (west) – until they are ALL dead! I woke up early in the morning along with the army, and counted to make sure everyone was there, and then we went to the people of Ai. As we went to the city, on the north side where was a valley (a deep pathway below the road). And on the west side of Ai I sent roughly 5,000 men, and went to ambush the city. However, when the king of Ai saw what we did, he got angry, and pushed us to battle them.

4

פרק ט’

מצג-

מי-

מה-

איפה-

5

פרק י’

6

When King Adoni Tzedek of Jeruselum, heard about Joshua capturing Ai, he called King Hoham of Hebron, King Piram of Jarmuth, King Japhia of Lachish, and King Dvir of Eglon. Joshua needed many miracles. One of the miracles that he needed was that he can’t fight on Shabbat, and Shabbat was approaching. He wanted to stop time for 36 hours so that he could celebrate Shabbat, and then go back out and fight. Another miracle that Joshua needed, was for G-d to answer his prayers. He believed that G-d will answer all of your prayers.

7
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content