# 238 – I Have a Nightmare by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

# 238 – I Have a Nightmare

Helping others to understand Israel - and Israelis to understand others...
  • Joined Sep 2016
  • Published Books 481
2

August 16, 2013

August 28th will mark the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s famous speech.

(Want one of the hundreds of links?

Here’s a simple copy…http://www.archives.gov/press/exhibits/dream-speech.pdf)

 

3

How would that great man have acted – and reacted – were he a community leader in Egypt today? Would he call for a ‘Day of Anger’?

We should have no sympathy for the Egyptian military. If they are the law, then God help the people.

But how can we agree or sympathise with a community whose reaction is a ‘Day of Anger’?

 

4

I watched the father of a man who was a victim of August 14th massacre. His joy at ‘giving birth to a martyr’ appeared greater than the surely natural pain of losing a loved one.

Have you noticed how the Muslim Brotherhood and other similar groups make great efforts to suffer.  ‘Suffer’ appears to be the ‘in-word’.

 

5

The argument over the numbers killed is natural, unavoidable, but also seems to have an air of the macabre.

 

6

I have a nightmare

That tonight we shall see

How a day of prayers

Can bring great tragedy

 

7

I have a nightmare that, despite what hits us in the face every day, people will continue to believe that the Muslim Brotherhood (call them Islamists, Jihadists) has a peaceful agenda.

I have a nightmare that the definition of democracy will be twisted out of recognition – and that decent society will not raise a finger.

 

8

I have a nightmare that we masters of naïvety will continue to give power and credence to military rule.

I have a nightmare that we shall sink in the quicksand of political correctness.

I have a nightmare that more sick groups (dis-organisations) will use today’s Egyptian crisis as a means of continuing to kill their neighbours, as happened yesterday in Iraq, Lebanon and Syria.

 

9

I have a nightmare that the UN will continue to be toothless, and that, somehow, they will find a way to blame the peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians. And they will founder.

I refuse to close my eyes…

Stephen

10
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content