How the Junbaya Got its Name – Book Number 1 by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

How the Junbaya Got its Name – Book Number 1

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550

Junbaya was the saddest word in her class.  All the other words knew what they stood for.

“I am the world’s sweetest insect”, said Bee. “I make honey for all the children in the world.”

“I am the world’s strongest tree”, said Oak. “All the children in the world sleep on beds made out of me. “

“Everyone is afraid of my great roar”, said Lion, standing very proud.

2

“Junbaya, what word are you”, all the other words asked. “You’re nothing. Just a word without a meaning.” All the other words laughed at her and went out to play in the yard.

Junbaya was so sad that she sat down and cried. “Why shouldn’t I have a meaning, like all the other words?” she asked.

3

One day Junbaya left the village of words and traveled far and wide.

“Are you a Junbaya?”, she asked. “No, silly word”. I am a penguin”, said the penguin and waddled away.

4

“Excuse me, but are you a Junbaya?”, she asked the animal in the ocean. “No, said the squid, and squirted some ink at her.” She barely managed to escape before the ink splotched her name.

5

“Are you a Junbaya?” she asked the bird in the tree. “No, said the owl. I know many words but have never heard of a Junbaya. Are you sure you have spelled it correctly?”

6

Of course Junbaya was sure. She sat down in the forest and cried. Perhaps she would never find out what she meant.

Then the oddest thing happened. She heard someone else crying as well.

7

Junbaya looked over and saw the strangest creature.

It had a purple head, wore shoes, and had feathers on its tail.

8

“Are you a junbaya?” she asked, hopefully. “I don’t know”, the strange creature answered. No one has ever told me what my name is. Everyone makes fun of me. They call me ‘no-name’ and laugh and laugh.

9

“Would you like to be the Junbaya?”

“I don’t know. It’s such a strange name,” said the creature.

“When was the last time you looked in a mirror?” asked Junbaya. “You’re not a very ordinary creature, you know.”

“I guess you’re right,” she answered. “But would it be just my name? Mine alone?”

10

“Yes,” she answered. “And any other creatures that look exactly like you.“

“If I make new friends, can they call me ‘Baya’ for short?”

“I suppose they could. Do you want me to call you Baya?”

“No, I think you should call me Junbaya. That way we will always be together!!”

11

When Junbaya returned to the village of words she showed everyone the pictures they had taken together. Junbaya had a meaning! Junbaya stood for something! The other words stopped making fun of her. Perhaps one or two were even jealous.

12

That, my dear friends, is the true story of how Junbaya got its name. The very next time you see her walking down the street, you can tell your friends that you know the secret of how she got her name.

13
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content