Joshua’s First Swimming Lesson by Mary Smith - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Joshua’s First Swimming Lesson

  • Joined Feb 2016
  • Published Books 1

One morning on a Sunday, Joshua’s mum drops off Joshua and his friend Bill do their swimming lessons. Bill seems nervous, but he is 6 years old.

2

Joshua says to Bill “Are you small?”. “I am 6 years old, but I look small” said Bill. Joshua and Bill went to a big room with 2 swimming pools for the swimming lessons. Joshua and Bill got changed in a changing room.

3

“Hello, welcome to your swimming lessons. I am Miss Dean, but I am Bill’s aunt” said Miss Dean. “Hello, I’m Joshua and this is your nephew, Bill” said Joshua. “I am Bill, your nephew” said Bill.

4

“Do not get in the pool yet” said Miss Dean. “If I say get in, you must get in!”. Bill seems a bit sad about it. “It’s okay, but you will have fun there” said Joshua. Joshua got in the pool. Miss Dean was cross. Bill was crying. “Joshua, come back and stand there!” shouted Miss Dean crossly. “Do not come into the pool yet!”.

5

A little girl looked at Bill crying. “Is he sad, Ruth?” said the little girl. “Yes, he is 6 years old” said the little girl’s sister. “I am also your sister” said the little girl. Joshua went in to tell the little girl’s name. “My name is Holly, what is your name?” asked the little girl. “I’m Joshua, this is your sister Ruth” said Joshua. “I’m also 6 years old, but Ruth is 10 years old” said the little girl. “Joshua, come back here with me and Bill” shouted Miss Dean crossly.

6

Bill looked at the television. “It’s me and Joshua’s turns!” shouted Bill. “There’s no need to shout” said Joshua. “Go, Joshua and Bill!” said Bill’s mum. “Mummy, I’m ready now!” shouted Bill. Bill stopped crying. He swam next to Joshua. “Come on, Joshua!” said Bill’s mum. Bill swam very fast. Joshua swam a bit slow, but he is getting fast. “You can do it, Joshua!” shouted Miss Dean. Bill is still swimming, but he looked at some children swimming too. “He is reaching to the finish line. Joshua was very cross but he still swims.

7

“Bill is the winner!” shouted Miss Dean and Bill’s mum. “Keep swimming” shouted Bill’s mum. “I am getting there!” said Joshua crossly. Joshua reached to the finish line. He was screaming loudly. Bill was crying again. “There is no need to cry” said Bill’s mum. Mummy, Joshua is screaming loudly, but I don’t like the noise!” said Bill. “Holly and Ruth, it’s your turns” said the member of staff. “That is one of my friends” said Miss Dean surprisely. Joshua throwed a meltdown. Joshua and Bill walked back to Miss Dean. Bill’s mum went back to the audience.

8

“Can we get changed?” asked Bill. “Of course, Bill” said Miss Dean. Joshua, go and get changed with Bill!” said Miss Dean crossly. Joshua and Bill went back to the changing room to get changed. Bill and Joshua dried themselves, but Bill is getting it properly. Bill’s mum ran up to Bill. “Can you help me dry myself, Mummy?” asked Bill. “Yes, darling” said Bill’s mum. Bill’s mum dried Bill. “Well done, Joshua. Dry up your privates!” said Bill’s mum. “Oww!” said Joshua. “My willy!”. “It’s okay, Joshua. It hurts a bit” said Bill’s mum. “Thank you, Mummy” said Bill.

9

Joshua and Bill got dressed. Josh throwed a meltdown again. “Mummy, can I go and get dressed on my own?” asked Bill. “Of course, because Joshua is throwing a meltdown” said Bill’s mum. Bill got dressed. “I’ve done my t-shirt, jeans, knickers and my socks!” said Bill. Bill put on his shoes. It got laces on. Bill did the laces on his shoes. “I can’t do the lace on my left shoe, but I’ve done it on my right shoe” said Bill. Bill was walking and asking his mum to help him with his lace on his left shoe. “Are you helping Bill with his lace on his left shoe?” asked Joshua. “Yes, he did ask for help already” said Bill’s mum.

10

Bill walked back to Miss Dean. “Shall we go home now?” asked Bill. “Yes, but we have to wait for Joshua first” said Miss Dean. Joshua ran back to Miss Dean. “Please do not run!” said Miss Dean. “Because you will fall over!”. Joshua’s mum picked up Joshua and Bill. “I did win today, Helena” said Bill. “Did you?” asked Joshua’s mum. “Yes, because I swim very fast” said Bill.

11

I didn’t win” said Joshua sadly. “I have to tell Miss Dean for this, because you throwed a meltdown!” said Joshua’s mum crossly. “Miss Dean”. “What is it, Helena?” asked Miss Dean. “My son Joshua didn’t win, so he is going to say sorry to you!” said Joshua’s mum crossly. “Joshua, come here right now!” shouted Miss Dean crossly. “You didn’t win, your mum told me. Can you win next time while you go to another swimming lesson?” asked Miss Dean crossly. “Yes, I will win because I didn’t swim fastly” said Joshua. “Say sorry to me right now!” said Miss Dean crossly. “I’m sorry, Miss Dean” said Joshua. “That’s okay, but you have to swim faster” said Miss Dean. “Okay, Miss Dean. I will swim faster in another swimming lesson” said Joshua sadly.

12

“Say sorry to me because you throwed a meltdown” asked Joshua’s mum. “I’m sorry, I did throw a meltdown” said Joshua. “That’s okay, but try not to throw a meltdown in another swimming lesson” said Joshua’s mum. Joshua, Bill and his mum said goodbye to Miss Dean. Bill said goodbye to his mum and asked her a question. “Mummy, do you work at the swimming centre?” asked Bill. “Yes I do, because I watch you for a swimming lesson” said Bill’s mum. Joshua’s mum took Bill home and he saw his dad. His mum is taking Joshua home.

13

Joshua and his mum went home. “Does Bill live near me?” asked Joshua. “He lives near the swimming centre” said Joshua’s mum. Joshua was a bit naughty at the swimming lesson, but he did go to his room and enjoyed playing his game console but he did not hear his brother crying. He was wearing his headphones to help him play his games. He and Bill enjoyed.

14
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content