Mel’s Ten Tips on Self-Publishing Picture Books Online by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Illustrated by cover by: miki peled - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Mel’s Ten Tips on Self-Publishing Picture Books Online

by

Artwork: cover by: miki peled

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550

If you want a platform that enables you to create a picture book online easily and in minutes, then Ourboox is a good choice.

 

If you have lots of time on your hands, then there are many websites that allow you to create e-books with text and pictures.  You can try createspace, picabook or flipsnack, for example.

 

 

2

If you want to be able to embed videos, sound, maps, quizzes, etc. from other sites, as well as have active hyperlinks, then Ourboox is a great choice.

 

If you want to create digital picture books with only text and pictures, there are other alternatives. See further.

3

If you want people from all over the world to find your content through search engines, then you might want to choose Ourboox. About one third or more of the people reading our books now come from Google and other search engines.

 

However, if you know how to market your book yourself (keeping in mind that the chance of selling more than 40 picture books online is less than 10%), then there are other sites to choose from.

4

If you want to create a book in any language, in either direction, then Ourboox is the website of your choice.

 

If your book is only left-to-right and in English, then there are other options.

5

If you want your book to be free, and with the page-flipping function, then Ourboox is a great choice.

 

If you don’t mind uploading your material in less-searchable pdf format, and paying money, you should try Flipsnack or issuu.

6

If you want to make money selling your book, then Ourboox is not a good choice (yet). However, in future we hope to allow authors to receive donations from readers.

 

Try inkshares or storyjumper.com.

 

7

If you are writing thrillers or teen fiction in serial format, then Ourboox would not be the site of choice.

 

Try royalroadl.com

 

 

8

If you want to be able to edit your e-book easily, even after publishing it, then Ourboox is an excellent choice (you can even remove it from the library).

 

If you don’t care, then there are other sites to choose from.

9

If you want to print twenty or more softcover copies of more of your book, then you can contact Ester at Ourboox ([email protected]) and she will help make your dream come true inexpensively.

 

If you have lots of money, then there are many other websites for producing hard copies. But remember that e-books help conserve paper and save the planet.

10

If you want to share your page-flipping picture book with friends and relatives but not publish it online, you can do it easily with Ourboox. It won’t be available to the public (or search engines) unless you click on the ‘publish’ button.

 

 

11

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

 

Good luck making your books come true!!

 

12
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content