My Ideas on Creativity, in 500 Words or Less by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

My Ideas on Creativity, in 500 Words or Less

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550
Creativity is for the most part a two step process. The second step which we tend to concentrate on is the problem solving aspect, which is an ‘adult’ process (and closer to our comfort zone as adults). This second step presupposes that you are solving an important or relevant problem. The first step which I think is more important (I’m lucky – Einstein thought so too!) is the stage of ideation, hypothesis building, asking the question, composing the paradigm. This first step is the childish one (i.e., coming up with ideas or stories that seem wacky at first because most good new one do) and that is why creative people love fun, games, and exploration.  After all, when we describe creative people we often use adjectives such as observant, curious, doubting, mentally flexible, emotionally obstinate, question askers, and daydreamers. These are terms that suit all of us – but when we are 4 or 5 years old. Yossi Vardi taught me that being afraid of being perceived as silly is the main obstacle to leading a creative life, and I subscribe to that (as a result I give lectures on the importance of ‘barking’).
 I believe that creative people do not think outside or inside boxes. Rather they connect objects and ideas but in unexpected ways. The think “between boxes”. Sometimes they will move something from one frame of reference (box A) to another (box B).
Over the years we’ve developed methodologies which enable people to connect with their funful, playful side and come up with wacky ideas. They don’t always come up with ‘useful’ ones, but  great fun is had by all.
2
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content