Taxi to the Stars

by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Taxi to the Stars

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550

The moment I entered the taxi I knew that something was wrong. There was a sign that read “Taxi to the Stars”. The driver had three heads and they were all talking to me at the same time.

2

I gave them the address. 4619 Neptune Boulevard. It was the house of a friend who lived not too far away. But when the taxi took off I knew something was wrong. It had taken off. It was flying through the air.

3

The taxi meter was going wild. We were on our way through the stratosphere. In no time we were in outer space.

4

“Excuse me,” I said. But the three heads were talking to each other and paid no attention to me.

5

I said, rather loudly, “Take me back to earth”. This time one of the heads turned around. I suppose it was the one who spoke English.

6

“Oh, don’t worry,” he said, “we thought you meant the planet Neptune”.

7

We took a u-turn at the moon and headed back to Earth.

8

They had me at my friend’s house in no time. “Thank you”, I said, rather politely. “I’m sorry I took you out of the way. How much do I owe you?”

 

9

One of the driver’s six arms pointed towards the taxi meter. It read,

“$2349874239847234897432897503809605986.34”.

 

10

I gave them ten dollars and told them to keep the change.

11
12
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content