The Most Memorable Birthday by MakiahG - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Most Memorable Birthday

  • Joined Mar 2016
  • Published Books 1

It was a warm but quiet summer day with a bit of moisture in the air when my noisy bus came scampering along and ruined everything. I was finally getting off the noisy bus with my best friend Keana and my brother Micah. It came to my surprise that it was going to be my birthday party. I was thinking that’s why my mom said I was allowed to bring a friend over.

2
The Most Memorable Birthday by MakiahG - Ourboox.com

I trotted to my bedroom with Keana jogging after me then she lectured in exhaustment,”What are we doing?”   I hollered back,”Getting the games that I planned on having for my party!”   Once I grabbed everything I sprinted from the garage to my yard. Finally when I was done I noticed that Keana was gone. Then I was starting worry. I yelled,”Keana, where are you!”   After my loud shout I heard a “OW” then I ran to the front of the house. I glanced and saw Keana with my kittens Checkers and Snow Paws, but I also saw Checkers clamped onto Keana’s hand. I showed Keana sympathy and took Checkers off slowly so he wouldn’t do the same to me. I took a look at Keana’s fingers; they weren’t bleeding, they just had little teeth marks on them. I gabbed,”Do you need a band-aid, from you know who?”   She giggled, “No, since it’s not bleeding.”   I responded, “That’s what I thought.”

4
The Most Memorable Birthday by MakiahG - Ourboox.com

Someone pulled up in my driveway. I jumped with excitement and almost hit Keana. But it was my Grandma Anagaile and Auntie Arlouine, they’re always early. My party didn’t start until 5:00 p.m. and they came at 4:50 p.m. but at least they gave me a head’s up that my party didn’t start until 10 more minutes. All of a sudden it felt like something made me want to run in circles, but I stayed calm and walked over to my grandma and auntie and bluffed, “You guys are right on time, but everyone else is not here yet.” They both declared,”I thought we were.” I interrupted, “Let me help you with MY birthday present.” I was about to look inside but my mom quickly grabbed and pulled my birthday present away before I could even glance inside.

6
The Most Memorable Birthday by MakiahG - Ourboox.com

Someone else arrived at my house. By this time it was 5:05 p.m. I was thinking in my head, “Where are they?” Well, of course they’re not going to be here right at 5:00 p.m. but they should at least be here a little earlier than this. Finally two more cars pulled up it was my Auntie Melinda and her kids and my mom’s friends pulled up behind my auntie’s car. I saw them holding cards, no presents, just cards, but I was being optimistic by this point and thought at least there’s probably something in the cards. I jogged over to the door and held it open for them because my auntie had a baby so she was holding the card in one hand and the baby carrier in the other. After a while there was a whole line of about six or seven cars pulling up into my driveway. There were about ten cards in a file on my TV stand. I felt so energetic because I was running around teaching kids how to play the fantastic games and I trotted inside panting really hard to see when we were going to open up my presents. When I ran inside my mom said to herd everyone into the living room to open my presents.

8

Once everyone was in the room we started to open up the cards. All of the cards had money in them, and when I opened my last card there was 20 dollar bill in there. I giggled with the money in my hand and said,” Kaching!” Everyone started laughing. I laughed so hard my eyes started watering. After the presents were done everyone started leaving because they all had to go to bed.

9

I was sad that Keana and my family all left and that my birthday was over, but now I’m ten, but it would be better if I was eleven and grew a bit taller. That would be the best thing ever.

10
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content