The Naked Cucumber – A New Start Up by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Naked Cucumber – A New Start Up

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550

Everybody loves cucumbers. According to the most recent “World Cucumber Survey”, cucumbers are the second most popular vegetable, after tomatoes. Cucumbers have less calories than tomatoes (an average cucumber has no calories at all). They have many vitamins and minerals (vitamin A, magnesium, I forget the others).

2
מלפפונים. הירק הפופולארי ביותר אחרי עגבניות

Furthermore, they are easy to chop and don’t squish and make a mess everywhere and leave stains like tomatoes do. 

 

 

4
עגבניה. מתכווצ

Cucumbers are grown locally and consumed in 214 countries. According to estimates of the World Health Organization, 530 billion cucumbers are consumed each year, of which 81% are used to make salads, 16% are used to make pickles, and 3% are used for other reasons. 

 

 

6
מלפפון. מצרך בסיסי ב-214 מדינות בעולם

However, despite all the obvious advantages of cucumbers, there is one unmet challenge: THEY ARE DIFFICULT AND AGGRAVATING TO PEEL.  87% of right-handed people and 98.6% of left-handed people hate peeling cucumbers. 

 

You might say, “Yes, but the peel is where most of the minerals and vitamins are.” That is true, yet, 93% of cucumber eaters prefer their cucumbers peeled (Vegetable Monthly, April, 2013). 

 

The purpose of our new start-up, “ByebyePeel” is to have your peel and eat it too!! We are going to make traditional cucumber peeling a thing of the past. 

 

 

8
מלאכת הקילוף. קשה ומעצבנת

We have developed the world’s simplest method for automatically removing the cucumber peel. 

 

“Byebyepeel” is a proprietary (patent pending) mixture of enzymes obtained from the Indonesian papaya (Papais jakartis) seeds. 

 

All you do is put your cucumbers in a bowl or glass containing a few drops of our extract. 

 

 

10
מיזם "שלום לקילוף" מאפשר דרך ידידותית וקלה לקילוף אנזימטי בריא וידידותי לסביבה

As soon as you do that, the enzymes get to work digesting the polymeric fibrous peel and turning it into green juice. 

 

When the enzymatic process is over, the cucumbers are naked, ready for chopping into your favorite salad!

 

Even better, the juice is healthy and completely drinkable. 

 

We have tested our new invention on several people. Here is a genuine photo of the reaction of one of them. 

12
בדיקות טעם למיזם "שלום לקילוף", סביר ביותר

Byebyepeel is a bootstrapped start-up. We are looking for an angel investor ($100,000)  to help us move the project forward. 

 

1. R&D. Shorten reaction time.

Currently, it takes 72 hours for the enzymatic process to occur at room temperature. We would like to optimize the process so that it takes a few minutes. 

 

2. More R&D. Tastier peel drink.

Currently, the digested peel juice is drinkable, but tastes lousy, like a mixture of vomit and wheat germ. We need to improve the flavor somewhat. 

 

3. Marketing. 

Whatever it takes to make “byebyepeel” the natural choice of naked cucumbers everywhere!!

 

14

Please help us make cucumbers the number one vegetable in the world. 

 

We are not cutting-edge technology. We are actuallydisrupting the cutting edge!!! 

15
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content