13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

13 Reasons Why

  • Joined Jun 2018
  • Published Books 1

This book is about Hannah Beaker’ story. A girl who kill herself. She suffered bullying in high school, and she decided commit suicide. Before she died, she left the audiotaped suicide notes. A mysterious package was sent to Clay Jensen. Clay Jensen found the audiotaped suicide notes of Hannah Baker in front of his house. He didn’t know what the package contained. In the package, there were a total of seven cassette tapes and thirteen stories.

 

Author: Jay Asher
Publisher
Razorbill (Mar. 7th, 2017)
2
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

Everything changed in Liberty High School when Clay Jensen started to listen the audiotaped suicide notes of Hannah Baker. In the tapes Hannah told that each tape explained reasons why she died and showed a person responsible for it. Also, she gave some instruction for the listeners that they had to follow. When a listener will finish to listen all the tapes, they have to give them to the next person on the list. The tapes contained a map to show some places that Hannah described in her tapes. If you as a listener what to live more realistic that she said in the tapes, she recommended to go physically.

4
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The first tape is about Justin Foley. Justin was a baseball player too popular in the high school. Hannah Baker had her first kiss with him, but Justin screwed up the magic of the first kiss’s Hannah. When he told her friends that had happened beyond of a kiss between Hannah and him.

7

The second tape is about Alex Standall who did a list. Where he put Hannah down as “Best Ass of the Freshman Class.” With this action Alex pitted Hannah and Jessica Davis against each other because Jessica was in the “who’s not” side in the list “sexy or not”. A guy grabbed Hannah’s ass in a store because of the list. The people only saw that part of her body.

8
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The third tape is about Jessica Davis. Jessica and Hannah built a friendship quickly because they were both new in the town. They knew a Alex Standall in a Monet’s Garden Café and Coffeehouse. Jessica and Hannah shared more of a friendship with Alex. They both liked the same guy, but then Alex did the list “FRESHMAN CLASS – Who’s hot/ Who’s not”. When Alex wrote the name’s Hannah and Jessica in opposite side, Jessica was jealous by this. The relation between Hannah and Jessica finished in a fighting where Jessica left a scar in Hannah’s face.

10
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The fourth tape is about Tyler Down. He was the official photographer in Liberty High School. He took photos for the yearbook. He liked Hannah and he could not avoid to stalker her. He followed her to her house and took pictures through the window of his room. Hannah listened sound of the camera “click” but at first, she could not believe that she had a Peeping Tom. The Tyler’s action made to feel Hannah like a paranoiac person. The next day, after Tyler visited Hannah’s house, Hannah decided to tell what happened her to one of her classmates.

12
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The fifth tape is about Courtney Crimsen. Hannah believed that Courtney Crimsen was a good listener, and sympathetic girl. Hannah trusted in Courtney, so she invited Courtney to her house to catch the pervert that had been stalked Hannah. After Tyler took the photos through the window’s Hannah where the two girls were seen in a very compromising situation. To Courtney, who had a clear reputation, was easier to distract the attention of her classmates with rumors about Hannah. Courtney started rumors that Hannah had sex toys in her bedroom.

14
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The sixth tape is about Marcus Cooley. Hanna decided to fill up a survey to find someone to share a dating in Valentin’s Day. The name of the survey was OH MY DOLLAR VALENTINE! Its target was to recollect money for Cheer Camp. The Valentine survey was two-parter. First, you describe yourself. For part two, you need to describe what you were looking for you soul mate. Hannah desperate to find a friend, decided to be part of this game. As a result, her soul mate was Marcus Cooley. Even though she didn’t trust in Marcus, she accepted to have a date with him on Valentine’s Day. Marcus arrived thirty minutes late at Rosie’s Diner where Hannah and he had their dating. Marcus had a plan, and he tried to touch Hannah between her legs still against her will. She had to push him out of the booth to get him to stop. Hannah blamed the rumors about her reputation about Marcus’ action this date.

16
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The seventh tape is about Zach Dempsey. Zach, who was friend to Marcus, was in Rosie’s Diner when Marcus tried to touch Hannah. After Marcus left the restaurant, Zach sat in the same booth with Hannah. Even though they didn’t speak at all, he comfort her after the incident with Marcus. Zach and Hannah were classmate in Peer Communications. Peer communication class was a class where students could speak about different topic. Mrs. Bradley, who was the teacher, gave each student a paper lunch bag to decorate. You needed to hang up your bag in a rack and other classmate could put some papers inside with nice things and anonymous. After Hannah didn’t receive anything in weeks, she caught Zach stealing her papers. She cut her hair drastically, she needed to know what other classmates thought about it. But Zach had stolen all her papers when Hannah needed a lot encouragement.

18
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The eighth tape is about Ryan Shaver. Hannah know Ryan when she decided to take poetry as a therapy. Ryan was the editor of Liberty High School in Lost-N-Found Gazatte. After Hannah shared her intimate poems with Ryan, he stole one of them and published in his semiannual collection. The poem made felt Hannah to bad because everybody was laughing about her feelings.

21

The ninth tape is about Clay Jensen. Finally, he had found the tape that spoke about how he was one of the responsible about Hannah’s dead. Hannah and Clay were classmates, co-workers in Crestmont Theater and close friends. But there was something more between them, they loved each other. The rumors about Hannah’s reputation had kept Clay away. One day there was a party and Clay had decided to speak with Hannah about his feelings. Hannah and Clay were to the party. In the party they looked for an empty room because they needed to speak alone.  From the talk they passed to the kisses. It was at that moment that Hannah remembered her encounter with Justin. And how that kiss with Justin had provoked all the rumors that now chased her. She just could not do it anymore, so she hit Clay and yelled at him to leave the room. Clay obeyed her and left the room. In her heart, Hannah was yelling for help.

22
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The tape number 10 is about Justin Foley, from the first tape, is back on the recordings. After Clay Jensen left the room where he was with Hannah, another couple were into. Justin and Jessica were drinking, and they tried to have sex, but Jessica was totally passed out. Justin decided to leave the room and left Jessica alone to rest. Hannah was hiding in the closet when she saw that other guy entered to the room. His name was Bryce Walker. Although Justin tried to avoid that Bryce entered at the room, Bryce and his friends kept Justin quiet. Bryce Walker raped Jessica while she was unconscious. Hannah saw everything, and she didn’t stop him.

26
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The tape number 11 is about Jenny Kurtz. Jenny was the cheerleader from the Study Body Office. Hannah left the room after Bryce finished to rape Jessica. Hannah couldn’t believe what had happened. She looked confused and Jenny offered a ride home. When they were driving, they crashed with a stop sign. Jenny refused to report the accident, but Hannah wanted to do it. Hannah went to report the accident by phone, but she realized that someone else reported yet. However, the report accident was not about a stop sign, it was about lethal accident between an old man and student that deliver pizzas.

28
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The tape number 12 is about Bryce Walker. Hannah was walking around their neighborhood when she listened a party. She knew that this party was in Courtney’s house but only one week had gotten over since the last party. Even though she knew that Bryce and Courtney were people who she wouldn’t trust, Hannah went inside the party, but it was almost over. Hannah took off her clothes, and then she went inside the hot tub only wearing underwear clothes. Bryce took and raped her.

30
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The tape number 13 is about Mr. Porter, Hannah’s guidance counselor. Hannah needed someone that help her. When she decided to spoke with her counselor, he didn’t do anything. He recommended Hannah to forget it if she wouldn’t press charges. Also, Hannah spoke about that she wanted that everything stops, but again her yells of help were ignored.

32
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

The novel ends with death of Hannah. She decided to take pills because she thought it was the least painful method to die. Clay went to school the next day after mailing the tapes to Jenny. The next person in Hannah’s list. Clay found in the hallway of the school an old friend her name was Skye Miller, but this time he doesn’t let it to be too late. He approached to her and said ” Skye”

34
13 Reasons Why by tania daniela serrano gonzalez - Ourboox.com

I recommend this book because it talks about issues that affect young people and that as parents we should be alert, as are the following:

First, bullying affects people’s life and it is important to detect the warnings.

Second, suicide among young people is a consequence of severe depressions that suffer

Finally, the abuse of substances such as alcohol leads young people like those in this story to suffer rape or acts against their will.

 

36

8 word and definition:

Out of the blue: an event that occurs unexpectedly, without any warning.

Gust: a sudden brief rush of wind

Hangout: a place for spending time or for socializing

Intrusive: thrusting oneself where one is not welcome or invited

Boyish: a male person who has not yet reached adulthood

Smirk: to smile in an affected or smug manner

Hazardous: involving or exposing one to risk (as of loss or harm)

Stumbling: an unintentional departure from truth or accuracy

 

 

37

Hannah said, “Do you want to know a terrible secret?’”

Even though she hadn’t lived the 13 reasons why she suicided, she had already chosen the least painful way to suicide, taking pills.

Hannah said, “I’m sorry”

These were her final words in the tapes. She apologizes for committing suicide and for the pain that she caused with her tape about what happened to her. But the pain and sadness that Hannah lived were greater than her own life.

38

Description of the main characters

  • Hannah Baker is a teenager student that decide commits suicide. Before she died she left recorded tapes that implicated twelve people as the thirteen reasons why.

  • Clay Jensen is a shy high school student who loved Hannah but the rumors about her reputation scare him. He received Hannah’s tapes and he realized about the motives that pushed her to commit suicide.

39
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content