# 161 – PM Harper & Ray Hanania by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

# 161 – PM Harper & Ray Hanania

Helping others to understand Israel - and Israelis to understand others...
  • Joined Sep 2016
  • Published Books 481
2

November 10, 2010

OK, So you don’t hear from me in weeks, and then suddenly it’s a wordslide…

Well, it sometimes depends on how busy I am – or that I am on an intensive trip – or the subjects are boring. Or whatever.

But today…

3

AntiSemitism

Such a strange subject, and much abused by ‘both sides’. Only when I was horribly attacked by a ‘close friend’ did I read about the subject and learn how much it has become a ‘fact of life itself’. But let’s not go into ‘what is antisemitism’. Just concentrate on 2 events: My cousin in Australia sent me a copy of what Canada’s PM, Stephen Harper, said 2 days ago. Get the cup of coffee/tea, print out the attached 2 pages, and read.

4

And by coincidence, an article in today’s Jerusalem Post by Prof Gil Troy, Prof of history at McGill University, which referred to Harper’s speech as part of his concern that the world still spreads the ridiculous theme that Zionism is racism. The UN may have repealed the resolution, but Troy resents that ’62 years after Israel’s founding, it is the only country in the World still on probation’.

5

This touches again on the worry I have that it is not I that have gone to the Right, but the ‘neutrals’ who have crashed to the Left.

This is illustrated in another ‘subject of today’.

Every week or so, Ray Hanania writes an article in the Jerusalem Post. He’s a ‘moderate Palestinian-American, an ‘award-winning columnist and Chicago radio talk show host. His subject today: Can Jews Live in a Palestinian State? (Text attached).

6

I immediately wrote a letter to the Jerusalem Post:

“Sir –

At last! I may have missed a few articles, but Ray Hanania (‘Can Jews Live in a Palestinian State?’ Nov 10) is among the first Palestinians to suggest a compromise.  If there’s peace, why not have a Palestine with Jewish citizens?

7

He then implies that the Jews would be better treated than the Palestinians in Israel. Well, that’s his point of view. Under the circumstances, for the Israeli Arabs to be treated no better or worse than the many other minorities here is already something – and we won’t go into how the Palestinians are treated in other neighbouring countries.

He does forget recent history, that half of Israel’s current population are Jews who had many negative reasons for abandoning their homes in Arab countries.

8

Why does Mr. Hanania feel that today’s Palestinians would be any different?

But let’s thank him for opening this positive door. Let hope flow in, and let’s see how many of his fellow Palestinians jump on this bandwagon.”

I thought that was pretty decent of me. Shows my left-wing attitude…

9

Then I did something I rarely do. I checked a few of the online comments to his article. Wow! If (some of) you think I’m right-wing, think again. I’m Screamin’ Lord Left’ compared to many. They claim he’s part-Jewish, he’s naive to say the least, criminally opening doors to self-destruction, etc. etc.

10

And subject # 3

Extreme Democracy

Tzahi Hanegbi is a leading Israeli politician. He was Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee Chairman – an important figure in continuing coalition talks.

He was accused of giving cream jobs to friends. It was not – has not yet been proven. But he did lie to the court. And for this, yesterday, he was thrown out of the Knesset.

11

My only relevant comment is that Israel is an open and, as much as possible, a democratic and law-abiding country.

Now, here are some highly secret images of Israel:

Female Knesset member discussing tactics with Palestinian negotiator, Saeb Erekat.

12
# 161 – PM Harper & Ray Hanania by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com

Golda Meir’s daughter, with her grandson out for a walk in the desert.

14
# 161 – PM Harper & Ray Hanania by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com

 

  • A distant view of the Reading nuclear plant, so feared by the neighbours. (We’re thinking of moving).

16
# 161 – PM Harper & Ray Hanania by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com

 

  • A nuclear device being tested in Israeli waters, with battleship SS Monster in the foreground

18
# 161 – PM Harper & Ray Hanania by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com

 

  • The Israeli Air Force – landing at Sde Boker airport, Tel Aviv

20
# 161 – PM Harper & Ray Hanania by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com

 

  • Tel Aviv’s next Mayor marching towards Herzlia, in a bid to break down the security barrier.

Stephen

22
# 161 – PM Harper & Ray Hanania by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content