# 205 – Happy Holidays by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

# 205 – Happy Holidays

Helping others to understand Israel - and Israelis to understand others...
  • Joined Sep 2016
  • Published Books 481
2

April 7, 2012

I live in a rather densely populated area in north Tel Aviv. Got quite a major road nearby. But it’s the Sabbath. It’s also the 2nd day of Passover. And it’s Easter….

Here on our roof, it is quiet. There are birds singing. They are not disturbing the plain-clothes officer entrenched over there (see white chair in photo), who is part of a team that has been put in ‘to watch over the neighbourhood’.

3

 

 

4

Yes, it’s also the first time for us. But, having thoroughly checked the credentials, we OK’d it. (And he’s such a nice young man; Aviva already fed him from last night’s expected leftovers).

5

Passover….True, some unkind words against Egypt are again recited. But no, that’s NOT the same as brainwashing kids to hate Israel. This was the scene along one of our local supermarket’s aisles: half already covered, hiding the disallowed foodstuffs during this week…

6

 

 

7

Not only was it the Jewish & Christian holidays yesterday, some of you will already have noted that it was our granddaughter’s first birthday. I made up a well- received ‘verse’ and added this ‘touched-up’ image (of Naya) of just 2 days ago…

 

8

 

9

And Guenter Grass, that senile Nobel prize-winning shmock, who should have had the prize snatched from him when he recently admitted to have been an SS officer. He now comes out with praise for Iran and criticism of Israel. Have I said enough?

 

10

And that rocket that was fired into Eilat 2 days ago from (Egyptian-controlled) Sinai.

Oh…..Happy Everything!

Stephen

11
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content