1.- Introduction ……………………………………………………………… Page 3
2.- 21st Century Skills Teachers Workshop …………………….. Page 4
3.- Cooperative Learning Teachers Workshop ……………….. Page 8
4.- Web 2.0 Tools Teachers Workshop …………………………… Page 11
5.- Digital Games Based Learning Teachers Workshop ….. Page 15
6.- Multiple Intelligences Teachers Workshop ………………… Page 18
In search of a Unified Theory of the New Methodology is a project carried out by two european schools from Turkey (Tevfik Ileri Anatolian High School, Rize) and Spain (Ntra. Sra. del Carmen, Badajoz) . Thanks to this project we will increase our knowledge of new methodology in education and will create tools and activities that will be able to put all these methodology together.
2. 21st CENTURY SKILLS TEACHERS WORKSHOP
What are 21st century skills?
The 21st century skills are a set of abilities that students need to develop in order to succeed in the information age. The Partnership for 21st Century Skills lists three types:
Initiative Social Skills
21st Century Standards
- Focus on 21st century skills, content knowledge and expertise.
- Build understanding across and among academic subjects as well as 21st century interdisciplinary themes
- Emphasize deep understanding rather than shallow knowledge
- Engage students with the real world data, tools, and experts they will encounter in college, on the job, and in life–students learn best when actively engaged in solving meaningful problems
- Allow for multiple measures of mastery
Characteristics of 21st Century
21st Century Teacher
21st Century Classrooms
21st Century Learner
21st century syllabus
Assessment of 21st Century Skills
- Support a balance of assessments, including high-quality standardized testing along with effective classroom formative and summative assessments
- Emphasize useful feedback on student performance that is embedded into everyday learning
- Require a balance of technology-enhanced, formative and summative assessments that measure student mastery of 21st century skills
- Enable development of portfolios of student work that demonstrate mastery of 21st century skills to educators and prospective employers
- Enable a balanced portfolio of measures to assess the educational system’s effectiveness at reaching high levels of student competency in 21st century skills
3. COOPERATIVE LEARNING TEACHERS WORKSHOP
The general theme of this workshop for teachers is Pedagogical Innovation through Cooperative Learning in the classroom. We intend to encourage teachers to reflect on the need to innovate in methodological practice and on the beneficial consequences of doing so. Likewise, you will be able to deepen your knowledge of Cooperative Learning in different key ideas: concept, implementation, groupings, etc … and you will be provided with different cooperative techniques. The workshop methodology is very interactive and participative to be used in the classrooms.
The Way to Cooperative Work (Cooperative Learning. Part 1)
Setting Up the Cooperative Work (Cooperative Learning. Part 2)
Cooperative Assessment (Cooperative Learning. Part 1)
4. Web 2.0 Tools Teachers Workshop
Web 2.0 Tools (part 1)
This workshop has three different presentations each of them with new Web 2.0 tools.
These tools are an amazing resource to motivate your students, help them to learn in a different way and at the same time they will be improving their digital skills and getting ready for a 21st century society.
Web 2.0 Tools (part 2)
There are a number of different online courses popping up, most of which seem to simply serve as repositories for old lecture videos or course materials. However, some online course materials actually offer a more personalized experience that will be critical in successful education systems of the future .
Web 2.0 tools (part 3)
5. Digital Games Based Learning Teachers Workshop
Digital Games Based Learning Workshops Video
6. Multiple Intelligences Teachers Workshop
Multiple Intelligences Job Shadowing
We let you here this palette so that you can take some ideas about how to create activities for each intelligence.
JOB SHADOWING: WORLD VIEWS PALETTE, PHILOSOPHY LESSON
During the Job Shadowing the teacher could explain the Palette we were carrying out with 10th grade philosophy students. As the Palette wasn´t ended, we showed the results of the activities we had already done with students (Bodily-kinesthetic, Linguistic and Logical-mathematical) After showing it, we did the activities for the Naturalistic and the Intrapersonal Intelligences:
This is what students did during the Job Shadowing:
1) Naturalistic intelligence:
Students went to the playground and searched for natural elements that reminded them the different theories we had studies about Universe (Aristotle, Newton, Galileo, Einstein and quantum physics). They came back to the classroom and explained the photos they had taken and how they were related to the cosmovisions.
Students sat doing a semicircle. First, we watched a video that will fire their feelings, thoughts and doubts, so that they could feel the same emotions that philosophers and scientist could have had years ago.
After the video, students had a time to think alone about what they have seen, and finally, in silence, they wrote in a cardboard their questions. These questions would be discussed during the following lesson using the Philosophy for children methodology, that means, by talking and conversing with critical thinking.