# 268 – Thousands Displaced by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

# 268 – Thousands Displaced

Helping others to understand Israel - and Israelis to understand others...
  • Joined Sep 2016
  • Published Books 481
2

November 1, 2014

Thousands displaced!!

You know, it’s almost as if, by defending, I’m causing the attacks. What do we have to do, what does Israel have to do, to be treated fairly?

 

3

Last week, the border town next to Gaza was practically demolished. Literally thousands have been displaced. This is the government’s attempt to eliminate the chances of any infiltration of jihadists, religious extremists, terrorists, crossing into the country. It was a direct reaction the deaths of 31 security personnel in a suicide car bomb attack. Few complained, and there was almost zero international criticism.

4

The reason? No, not because it was not a justified move, it was because this was on the Egyptian side of the Gaza border. The town of Rafah has been practically razed to the ground, and not a murmur.

Had Israel done the same – or when Israel has done the same – i.e., something dramatic but fully justified, it has been SCREAMED at, with the UN usually at the top of the screaming list.

It’s not fair…

 

5

And then there was the attempted murder last week of a young Rabbi who is an activist in favour of Jews being allowed to pray on the Temple Mount. Reminder, the Temple Mount is known to be the original site of the 2nd Temple, destroyed some 2000 years ago, and absolutely central to the soul of Judaism. It is also the spot from where followers of Muhammed believe that the Prophet rode up to Heaven on his white horse, which is why they decided to build the Al Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock on the same site.

6

Thing is that Rabbi Glick actually was a proponent of the 2 religions being allowed to be practiced side by side. This is when ‘activist’ is not necessarily a bad word. (Reminder: UN in 1947 declared that there should  be 2 states – 1948, Israel declared Independence, and the 7 Arab armies, from among the countries that disagreed with the UN vote, attacked. Status after the war was that Jordan occupied the holy areas of Jerusalem, destroyed all synagogues and churches and forbade Jews from entering the Temple Mount area.

7

Then came the ’67 war, Israel won, took back the Old City of Jerusalem, including the holy sites. Jews could once again pray at the Wailing Wall. And what did the stupidly fair Jews do? They gave administrative power over the Temple Mount back to the Muslims, who promptly made new rules: no Jewish praying in the area). That’s what Rabbi Glick was fighting for: cooperation and toleration.

It’s not fair…

 

8

In a gunfight, the attempted killer of Rabbi Glick was shot and killed. Riots broke out in East Jerusalem. The Israeli security forces decided to close the Temple Mount temporarily. Fatah leader, Pres. Abbas, publicly called this move an ‘act of war’. This is the behaviour of a diplomat? He continues to have so much international support.

It’s not fair…

 

9

Oh, and by the way, there is clear proof that Abbas, whom still some describe as a moderate, most clearly incited the violence that resulted in this assassination attempt. 2 weeks before the attack, he loudly and repeatedly stated that any Jews wishing to enter the Temple Mount to pray should be ‘blocked at all times’. One of far too many examples of the man with whom we just cannot have real peace..

Best regards,

  Chief head-banger

10
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content