# 296 – Shimon Peres by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

# 296 – Shimon Peres

Helping others to understand Israel - and Israelis to understand others...
  • Joined Sep 2016
  • Published Books 481
2

September 14, 2016

Last time I wanted to write about someone from the Peres family, I was too late.

I came from tennis on my bike, noticed police cars and ambulances downstairs and quickly found out Sonya, his estranged wife, had died.

 

3

They were neighbors. In fact, prior to us moving across the road, they were our ‘upstairs neighbors’. We got ‘to know them’.

Sonya was always open to chat, came for coffee a couple of times – was happy to give me an interview for my ‘Letter’. But I was too late.

4

That evening, I sat down and wrote my ‘Virtual Interview with Sonya’. How could I let something so basic as death get in my way?

Some say they liked the interview.

5

Shimon is ill this evening. This incredible man, now 93, is in hospital. The country worries; crosses its fingers.

This is a great man; our last connection with the political establishment of Israel. And since his step-down from politics, since his tenure as President, Shimon has done so much for peace, especially peace between Israel and its neighbors.

The Peres Peace Centre reflects this.

6

I had other things to write. But right now, I want everyone to stop for a moment and think about this great man of peace.

Stephen

7
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content