# 396 – Amnesty International – Antisemitism by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

# 396 – Amnesty International – Antisemitism

Helping others to understand Israel - and Israelis to understand others...
  • Joined Sep 2016
  • Published Books 481
2

Amnesty International – Antisemitism Inc.

Perhaps I could add ‘Artificial Intelligence’ in the title, for Amnesty constantly shoots itself in both feet, instead of sticking to its charter. ‘We are independent of any political ideology’, they write on their website. Well, how openly they expose themselves to hypocrisy!

3

A.I today came out with a 211-page report, entitled ‘Israel’s Apartheid Against Palestinians – A Cruel System of Domination and a Crime against Humanity’. Here’s the link –

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2022/02/israels-apartheid-against-palestinians-a-cruel-system-of-domination-and-a-crime-against-humanity

No, I have not read it. So the following is gut reaction only…

4

I visited South Africa many times, both before and after the abolition of ‘official Apartheid’. (Apartheid cannot nor should be condoned in any form. But, in my humble opinion, it continues in many countries. In South Africa, it used the colour of the skin. In many other African countries, it does not; it is tribal, and it is horrible to witness).

5

I have written over 400 Letters from Israel in an attempt to ‘explain Israel’ to closed ears. I have met Israeli Arabs who call themselves Palestinians, and Palestinians who refer to themselves as Israeli Arabs. And I have met a few who are still too scared to say openly that Israel is the only place they want to live. They cannot consider a life in a Palestine which openly opposes the presence of any non-Muslim – as is the case in several Muslim countries.

6

It would be boring and repetitive to go through some of the many examples of Israel’s ‘open society’ policies, despite the fact that it has not been allowed one day of neighbourly peace in its 73 years’ existence. I am referring directly to the status in Israel, which I reckon has a similar number of ugly problems as most ‘civilised’ countries. (I don’t want to use the word ‘democratic’ – I’ve become fed up with that much-maligned word, even more so since conspiracy theorists like to remind us that Hitler was voted into power by it).

7

‘Israel’ is discriminating against its minorities’, says A.I. and some other NGO’s. Well, to which minority do they refer? There is already a line-up of complaining citizens, including the ultra-orthodox, the refugees claiming political or economical asylum, the Ethiopians, Russians, Druze, Bedouin and, oh yes, the Arabs. Hey, it’s nothing new in any decent country for a minority to claim that it is being treated unfairly, a second-class citizen. Welcome to ‘democracy’.

8

But if you dare call this Apartheid, then you have at least me to confront, ‘cos, like Amnesty, you may have a decent manifesto, but you’re wrong. It’s that simple.

I was going to end this with the sarcastic “Now where’s that servant of mine”? But then I realised that the servant was actually commonplace in Apartheid S. Africa. Sometimes called ‘boy’ or ‘girl’, but usually’ servant’!

This does not exist in Israel.

Stephen

9
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content