# 399 – It’s Not Fair by Stephen Pohlmann - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

# 399 – It’s Not Fair

Helping others to understand Israel - and Israelis to understand others...
  • Joined Sep 2016
  • Published Books 481
2

It’s Not Fair

 

2-3 weeks ago, I wrote a passionate Letter from Israel, entitled ’16 Orphans’.

It focused on the tragedy of the never-ending cycle of violence between Israel and the Palestinians.

And it will NOT end, not in the foreseeable future.

3

2 Palestinian workers got their usual lift from their West Bank home to continue construction work in Elad, a West Bank town. (Oh yes, of course, many thousands of Palestinians depend on the West Bank Jewish population for their livelihood. Many have got used to it. Many like it. <any have made friends with their neighbours). But this time, the 2 young Palestinians were influenced by the words of Yahya Sinwar, Hamas leader in Gaza, who urged attacks on Jews with – and I quote – ‘knives and axes’.

4

(Sinwar was one of the 1200-odd who were released many years ago in exchange for the release of one Israeli soldier, Gilad Schalit, held in Gaza for 5 years. Remember? Remember my words? Remember those of Danny Hillman, who lost his son during those days, who said it is right to fight for the life of your son, but not to put the country at risk).

Well, these 2 Palestinians did then use knives and axes, and killed their friendly driver, killed 2 more town members and attacked others.

5

After 36 hour search, they were found and captured – but not killed on the spot. No. They will be put on trial and surely imprisoned for ‘life’. Until the next suicidal prisoner exchange.

Those 3 victims had 16 children.

Now 16 orphans.

I lost that email draft. But I did not forget it.

6

I’ve watched Al Jazeera intermittently since their reporter was killed 10 days ago. They continue to blame Israel without proof. Whatever the actual report, their lines repeat that Israel is guilty. I saw them interview Mohammad Shtayyeh, Palestinian PM. He spoke of the intention to put the whole thing before the ICC, yet, repeating his President’s words, refused cooperation with Israel. We’re guilty.

7

Then they interviewed ‘an Israeli journalist’. In the 2 seconds before they mentioned his name, I blurted it out: Gideon Levy. Look him up! How Israel has not banished this traitor to the Isle of Elba I shall never know. He, like Prof. of Political Science at Exeter University, Ilan Pappe, Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters or Yasser Arafat, hates Israel, and will say anything he can – cleverly lie through his ceramic crowns, in order to destroy this basically very decent country.

8

Shereen Abu Aqleh’s funeral was terribly handled by Israeli police. I won’t even go into the special circumstances, the clever changes of plans by Palestinian activists etc. etc. No excuses. The police should have kept away. Period.

No matter that there were just a couple of bruised heads, that the coffin of a dead person was jostled, that the Hamas flag was disgustingly waved in OUR capital city (like the Nazi flag in today’s downtown Munich). It was so obvious that we would come out of this looking bad; that’s the cruelty of current World opinion. It’s not the only disgusting aspect of today’s World, but it sure is the one focused upon.

9

20 Israeli dead in recent attacks like the one in Elad, Just 3 of them produced 16 orphans; but there are, of course, many more orphans. Al Jazeera does not mention Jewish orphans. That’s an oxymoron for them. But we’ll all be cheering at the World Cup events soon, and we all love the weather reports sponsored by them.

10

Hey, we might even be including them in the Abraham Accords, making peace across the region. But for me, Qatar spells money for terror.

This is the World we’re in. I remain a cautious optimist. No, not in Peace Now. But in a World that survives the Qatars.

May 23, 2022

11
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content