A Trip to The Pet Store by sophie berkowitz - Illustrated by Sophie Berkowitz - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

A Trip to The Pet Store

by

Artwork: Sophie Berkowitz

  • Joined Feb 2023
  • Published Books 1

One day Drake, Josh, and Megan decided to get together and hangout after school. While walking over to Megan’s house, Drake and Josh passed by the neighbor walking his dog, and decided it would be a good idea to go play with the animals at the pet store.

2
A Trip to The Pet Store by sophie berkowitz - Illustrated by Sophie Berkowitz - Ourboox.com

Once Drake and Josh got to Megan’s house, they knocked on the door and a few seconds later Megan opened the door. “Who’s dog was that” Drake said. “My neighbors! He just got a new puppy” said Megan. “Let’s go to the pet store and play with the animals” Josh said. All the friends agreed and started walking towards the pet shop.

4

Once they arrived they saw a section of puppies, kittens, fish, and even birds. They were so excited they decided to see how many pets they can play with. Drake ran right to the puppy section so Josh and Megan followed. They spotted a big black and white dog and asked the worker if they were able to play with him.

5
A Trip to The Pet Store by sophie berkowitz - Illustrated by Sophie Berkowitz - Ourboox.com

Drake, Josh and Megan spent some time playing with the big dog and named him Duke. Megan ran out when she saw that they brought out new puppies, and Drake and Josh continued to play fetch with the puppy.

7

Megan ends up picking a small golden puppy, names her Bella, and decides to play with her for awhile. Meanwhile, Drake was still with Duke and Josh wandered into the bird section. They all decided to split up and keep track of all the animals they ended up playing with.

8
A Trip to The Pet Store by sophie berkowitz - Illustrated by Sophie Berkowitz - Ourboox.com

An hour passes by as the three friends wander around the pet store playing with all the pets. Drake, Josh and Megan meet up to discuss the animals they played with.

10

Megan starts and says “I started off playing with Duke, then I saw Bella and played with her for awhile”. “Aw! The puppies were so cute! After Duke, I went to see the birds and played with 2 parrots” said Josh. “I stayed with Duke for awhile, he was so cute. After, I went to the cats and played with 3 black cats” said Drake.

11

12

“Lets count”, Megan says. “So I played with 2 dogs” Megan said. “I played with one dog and two birds”, Josh said. “I played with one dog and 3 cats” said Drake. So that’s 2 plus 3 plus 4, in total that makes 9 animals! “WOW that’s a lot!”

13

Letter to the Educator

This book is aimed to be read to kids aged 4-7. This correlates to grades K through 3. The outcomes for this book are for the child to be able to understand the story and character names, and to understand how addition works and how to add the numbers of the animals. As an outcome, the kids will be able to add up how many animals Drake, Josh and Megan played with at the pet store.

 

Discussion Questions for you and your child?

  1. How many more pets did Drake play with compared to Megan?
  2. How many dogs did they all play with in total?
  3. What animal do you think they will play with next?

Extended Assignment/Activity

For another activity to extend on this book, have your child draw out all the animals the characters played with, them cut them out. Then they can organize them into groups. These groups can be based on which character played with which pets, or you can group them together based on what kind of animal it is.

14
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content