Loading Book...

Add me!

 

Your guide book to making new friends via Facebook.

 

 

Table of Content:

  1. Introduction
  2. How does making Friend help you ?
  3. Settings of Facebook
    1. Profile Photo
    2. Follow Function
    3. What if Follow Function
    4. Cover Photo
    5. Your Photos
    6. Your Information
  4. Background: How I found my friends on Facebook
  5. What is the best way to add friends
  6. Steal My Friends
    1. Why to add Mutual Friends with Anyone or Me
  7. Some Interesting friends from around the globe
  8. Stories of Friendships

 

 

Introduction:

 

While visiting a friend of mine in St Petersburg, Florida, United States, I was explaining to someone, how I was collecting 10 Friends from each country in the world many year’s a go.

 

WHY ? I wanted to do this, as I wanted to know the ground reality of what really is happening around the world, unlike what I hear from the News Media is happening, and that became my excuse to explore new cultures, different way’s of living, different food and It just enriched my life in way’s that I can not even country any more.

 

I got successful in doing that in many countries and in other’s I still did not manage to.

 

So I thought, why not expose these friends to the world that does not use Facebook yet, and convert them into a small booklet which people can hold in their hand, see photos of these people, and see if they want to connect to these wonderful people from around the world.

 

That’s what this booklet is about.

 

I am starting this in 2014 and I hope that we will publish more versions of it in the future, so that more and more people can be added in this book, and eventually we will not really need it

 

 

I hope you will enjoy this, and take full advantage of this, allowing you to be more open, more accepting, and it eventually it will help you realize that what we think is truth may not be complete yet as we may not really have the complete picture yet to call it truth or false 🙂

 

Happy Exploring,

 

 

Rehan Allahwala

 

 

Background:  

 

How I found my friends on Facebook

 

 

I got on Facebook as soon as it got there, I do not remember who sent me the initial invite, but it was not the Facebook we see today that was there, it was more about who is the more smarter photo owner, I signed up and just left it there, then I became using it more and more, initially I think the people who were active I know were Suzanne Bowen, and a few other’s.

 

Slowly i spent more time on it, and I used to be more on ICQ and used to find people via it, Where ever I would travel, I would find friends there, and then ask them about the weather, timings, clothing and culture before I could travel.

 

“Hello, I am sorry to interrupt, but can you tell me what is the local time now in your city ? “ was my best replied msg on ICQ, and people would reply to me telling me about it, and it was a great ice breaker.

 

On Facebook, I started just adding people, and then I lost my account, Facebook just closed the account, without a reason, and it turned out that the reason was that I was friending a lot.

 

I opened a new account after some time, and It got to 4000 something people, and one find morning, that also got closed, and i was very upset and sad that I lost all these friends I found over the year’s again.

 

Now at least Facebook does not close your account and Like my mother say, they PUT YOU IN JAIL and can not add more people for 30 days or so if you add people, and they decline your request and say that they do not know you.

 

 

What is the best way to add a friend ?

 

 

The best way I found to add a friend after making thousand’s of mistakes is to be honest, be true, be clear, and be direct in asking what you want from your Facebook friend.

 

 

Preparation:

 

Before you send a friend request, just like you would not say Hello, Will you be my friend in person to someone in your Night Pajama’s or Lungi and Banyan, You should make sure that their is enough collateral on your Facebook account for a person to be able to see who you are, and if you are someone they will WANT To friend back once you send a friend request.

 

Your Profile Photo:

 

Your profile photo must be clear face photo , hopefully with a smile and showing nothing more but your face, so that the other person can read your face and make a judgement call on it.

 

See Sample photo of mine.

 

You should also have at least 5 other face shot’s on your profile,  and there security should be set as public, so that if someone clicks on your profile photo, they see different faces, and do not think you are maybe a fake id.

 

 

Photos:

 

It is also important to have a few photos with people who are tagged on them, i.e. your co worker, class mates, or Friends who you have met, and tagged in different occasion, this also gives more credibility and shows who you are and what kind of friends do you have.

 

 

Your cover:

 

Your cover photo should be there with at least 5 photos with your friends, Hopefully tagged so that they can see them also if they wanted to.

 

Your cover photo can also be about your interests, and nice quote’s which you believe in , So that the person can see what your thought’s are before trying to want to accept you as a friend.

 

Your information:

 

Add your as much information as you have already posted on Linkedin, if you have already posted something already in Linked in, there should be no reason not to also post it on Facebook, as that information you have already made publicly available, and you are only saving time for anyone to google you and finding the same information about you via linked in.

 

This includes, where you studied, where you work, and what does your work include in the company.

 

This is also excellent for your professional life, as 75% of the people in the world get a job VIA someone they know, and if your own friends and family do not know what you do, how will they help you introduce to people who can help you grow professionally or get you a better job or work ?

 

 

Follow Function:

 

What is Facebook Follow function ?

 

Being on Facebook is like being an ambassador for your self, Your city, your religion, your country and your company, once anyone is on Facebook, they share a lot of public information , Ie share a Youtube video, or write about some website, or share a news paper article, once you share this, this information CAN be seen by ANYONE, anywhere.

 

Facebook follow function allow’s you to have FOLLOWER’s who are NOT your friends, and can not see any post that you share on your wall for FRIENDS but, it allow’s them to get in their Newsfeed, this public information, and you get your voice louder this way.

 

 

To open your follow function, go to www.fb.com/about/follow and set it to PUBLIC.

 

In mobile phone app of Facebook you can go to options, account settings, and follow, and in there on the top one is set to friends, click it to make it PUBLIC

 

 

If you have any more questions, please ask me on www.fb.com/rehan33 so We can add them in this booklet

 

 

Some Friends you can make from around the world

 

 

Albania:

 

Note from Rehan:

Albania was one of those countries that I did not know much about, So I posted a Paid ad on Facebook, looking for friends from Albania, as the cost of doing that was minimum, And to my surprise, it is a lovely country with low salary, highly educated people, with great infrastructure available to them.

 

Unfortunately the lack of leadership is also there, and most of the people even though live in Europe but make very less money and are very depressed.

 

Most people living there are Muslims, but very European kind of muslims, You should for sure make friends there if you are muslim also to understand them.

 

 

Macedonia:

 

Macedonia is also one of the ex Yugoslavia country, and is a small country with similar situation in Albania, most people are not muslims, but many of them are, however you will find inter region marriages to be very common there.

 

 

Hungary:

 

Judit

 

 

Kenya

 

Tanzania

 

United States

 

United Kingdom

 

Canada

 

New Zealand

 

Australia

 

Madagaskar

 

Singapore

 

Malaysia

 

Poland

 

Germany

 

Sweden

 

Normway

 

Finland

 

Estonia

 

Iceland

 

Brazil

 

Argentina

 

Spain

 

Pakistan

 

Palestine

 

Israel

 

Egypt

 

Morocco

 

Algeria

 

Philippines

 

Indonesia

 

 

Add Me:
ADD ME
Can two words typed over the internet from a total stranger on the other side of the planet change your life? Can five letters of a symbolic code change ones perspective?
The outcome ironic in many ways. The choice in hindsight immediate. The click of the mouse on the “add as friend” as historic a moment as I will ever experience.
As I scrolled the names of comments on a fish game on facebook, one stood out. The profile picture Freddy Kruger the name Kabeer Khan. The irony of this persona did not escape me. In the weeks to come there were gifts of fish given, aquariums visited. For every gift, I received a thoughtful acknowledgment.
After one particularly heartfelt thank you, I visited his profile. His profile statement~I am hemophiliac from birth at Fatimid. You must help us. It listed the country as Pakistan. I then followed a link to a group. This explained that Fatimid was a hospital for poor people with blood disorders. I sat and read that statement over and over. You must help us! The desperation even at this moment brings tears to my eyes. No question, no option. Pure desperation. The choice so clear in this young mans mind. This statement so deliberate, became a mantra in my head. What could make a situation so urgent, to demand?
After a day or so of pondering these questions, and getting up the nerve to speak to someone that would put a serial killer on their profile I sent a chat message. I said hello. I asked how I could help. I offered to make an American page for Fatimid to show support. In minutes, I was an Admin on his group. Accepted without question as someone who was sincere. At this moment, my life changed for ever. My perception of the world, the internet, what possibilities were out there that I have never considered, everything changed. In one moment two peoples lives would never be the same. In seemingly one moment a bond was formed. A thread of love, hope, and caring was without knowing about to sew the most beautiful tapestry imaginable.
What I found was an incredible humanity fostered by desperation. A family locked in a daily struggle. Not for what we would consider basic needs, but for a need at an even more vital level. Blood. Broken down even further one component of blood. A component that all four brothers in this family need from outside sources to survive. In a country that faces struggles on a daily basis that we in the west can only see in our nightmares.
I found a mother. A loving, caring mother, who through struggles I think I will never know. Brought up 4 productive, loving boys. Boys who do not wallow in self pity. Boys who work hard to make their parents proud, and to make Pakistan a better place. I found a father who worked 2 jobs to put his children through school. I found without knowing at the time, a family. Sons I never dreamt I would have. A sister so dear I long to meet. I found people I miss everyday, without ever knowing. And in the process I found ME.

 

By Susan Web

https://www.facebook.com/Katajha831

 

 

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content