six day war and 1948 arab israeli war
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Brochure- Arab-Israel wars

by

Artwork: Avishag and Stav

  • Joined Dec 2017
  • Published Books 1

Course of the war:

June 5:

On June 5 at 7:45 Israeli air attacks against Egypt begin in the morning.

Israel later begins air strikes in Jordan and targets Syria air force bases.

Syria, Jordan and Iraq begin air strikes on Haifa.

Jordan launches air strikes on Netanya and other Israeli targets.

Jordan and Iraq attempt airstrikes against Tel Aviv. Jordan also begins artillery fire against the city.

June 6:

Syrian forces fortify the border with Israel and begin artillery fire.

Israel takes Gaza, Ras el Naqeb and Jebel Libni from Egypt.

Ramallah, North East Jerusalem, Ammunition Hill and Talpiot are among areas Israeli forces capture.

Jordanian forces are ordered to retreat from West Bank.

June 7:

U.N. Security Council presents a cease-fire initiative. Egypt’s President Gamal Abdel Nasser turns it down. Israeli Prime Minister Levi Eskol proposes to Jordan’s King Hussein that a cease-fire and peace talks begin. Hussein doesn’t respond.

Bir al-Hasna and Al Qazima in Egypt are claimed by Israel.

Old city of Jerusalem, Nablus and Jericho are among those places that fall in Jordan.

Jordanian forces are ordered to retreat.

Fighting between Syria and Israel continues on the border of Golan.

June 8:

Egypt accepts a cease-fire.

Hebron falls to the Israeli army.

Fighting continues on the border of Golan.

June 9:

An attack on Golan Heights is ordered.

June 10:

Israel took Kuneitra and Mas’ada.

Cease-fire with Syria is agreed upon.

War ended, with Israel claiming the Gaza Strip, West Bank, Golan Heights and Sinai Peninsula to the Suez Canal.

 

 

 

3

4

In the end of the war:

Israel won, and seven hundred seventy nine israelis were killed,

and over 20,000 (twenty thousand) had been killed

from the Arab forces.

 

5

The 1948 arab-israeli war.

The 1948 Arab- Israeli war is known as the first Arab-Israeli war. She was in 15 may 1948 until 10 march 1949 (9 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days). The war happend in sinai’ palestine, and lebanon. After the world war 2, the UN propsed partition plan for a jewish and an arab state to axist in palastine. Most israelies were satisfied but many arabs were not. In may of 1948, israel declared indepence and the arab league decided to intervene and wage war against israel. The israeli armi fighted against egypt, jordan, syria, and iraq armies.

 

 

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪1948 arab israeli war‬‏

6

Course of the war

1) 15 may 1948- 10 june 1948: Arab armies invasion, the initiative was in the hands of the invading armies and the Israeli armi to focus in absorbing progress. To begin in the end of may the Israeli armi began to implement attacks against the Arab league(most of them are fail)

2) 11 june 1948- 7 july 1948: the first break. The time out made good use of the both sides to military reorganization. In this season occur “altelena” issue.

3) 8 july 1948- 18 july 1948: in this level, the initiative passed to the Israeli armi,that in some attacks against the Arab league, the Israeli armi are gain control on extensive areas in the lower galilee, the plain, and in Jerusalem corridor.

4) 19 july 1948- 20 july 1949: the second break and the cease fire with syria. In this season the israeli armi is initiate some big military operations. All of them lasted a few days, gain control on extensive areas in the galilee, in the negev and the arava, and beat the egyptian armi. This season of the war be characterized by long time outs between the fighting. In the 20 of july 1949, the war ended.

7

The results of the war

The 1948 Arab-Israel war ended of the Israeli armi victory.

Israel state is set up.

The israelies lost 6,373 pepole in this war.

The Arab league lost between 10,000-15,000 soldiers.

 

תוצאת תמונה עבור מלחמת העצמאות

 

8

Despite all the wars and all the hardnees Israel is still alive and succesful. In addition all the people are united. For summary, congratulations Israel!!!!!♥♥♥

9
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content