Best Theme songs of James Bond movies by Yoav Yarden - Illustrated by Yoav Yaden - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Best Theme songs of James Bond movies

by

Artwork: Yoav Yaden

  • Joined Nov 2020
  • Published Books 1

The James Bond film series from Eon Productions features numerous musical compositions since its inception in 1962, many of which are now considered classic pieces of British film music.

 

James Bond or agent 007 is a series of spy books by the author Eon Fleming.

The first book was published in 1953 and was Called “Casino Royal”

2

The main character of the “James Bond” series is a spy called, of course, James Bond, he is a the son a Scottish father and a Swiss mother.

He was born in the “Skyfall” mansion in Scotland.

His parents died in a snowfall when he was 11 years old.

He went to a boarding school threw his childhood, and after that joined the British Army.

He gained his abilities while he was serving the army and fought the world war 2.

Afterwards he joined the secret service of her Majesty and became the most famous spy of all times.

3

Those books became more and more popular and in 1962 the first film was published under the name “Dr. No”

4
Best Theme songs of James Bond movies by Yoav Yarden - Illustrated by Yoav Yaden - Ourboox.com

In each and every film, there was a “James Bond Theme”, which means that every movie boasted in a song. some of them can be heard even now-days

 

 

The song that becamse the most popular of the years:

“GoldFinger Theme song” from 1964, performed by Shirley Bassey

6

Goldfinger was the third soundtrack composed by John Barry, and this time the theme song had lyrics written by Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse. The soundtrack reached No. 1 on the Billboard 200 (which is a record chart ranking the 200 most popular music albums and EPs in the United States) and spent 70 weeks on the charts. It also peaked at No. 14 on the UK Albums Chart, and received the Bond series first Grammy Award nomination, Best Original Score from a Motion Picture or Television Show.

7

 

Possibly the best song Paul McCartney ever recorded with Wings, “Live and Let Die” isn’t just good — it’s Beatles good. With an assist from Linda McCartney and legendary producer George Martin

 

It was the first Bond theme song to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song; it reached No. 2 as a U.S. single, and  No. 9 on the U.K. charts!

8

 

“You Only Live Twice” (Nancy Sinatra)

from 1967

 

9

 

“Diamonds are Forever” Shirley Basset – 1971

10

 

‘Thunderball’ (Tom Jones) – 1965

11

 

‘For Your Eyes Only’ (Sheena Easton) (1981)

12

 

13

As we can see, some of the songs we have heard remained until those days.

More than that, the theme songs of James Bond became the movies trade mark, so even this days, each and every new movie that comes to the screens has its own and new Theme song (for example: Skyfall by Adelle which was the first Bond theme song that won the Oscar for the Best Original Song).

14
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content