Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Blazes Red Dragon Tour

  • Joined Sep 2018
  • Published Books 1

Blaze the red dragon is an incoming freshman at SUNY Cortland. He decided that he wanted to get a job to make some extra money. Being a freshman Blaze wasn’t to sure how to get started. Blaze decides to take a tour to become more familiar with SUNY Cortlands campus and hopefully find a job that sparks his interest.

2
Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com

Blaze decides to first learn about what tour guides do on campus. Blaze gets many tips while walking around with current SUNY Cortland student tour guides. He sees how they interact with people, show the resident halls, academic buildings, and all the offices throughout the campus.

4
Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com

Next, Blaze visits the Memorial Library he knows there are a lot of student job options there. The Book Mark is one of them, and the most popular one. The Book Mark provides jobs like being a barista, who make drinks like coffee and iced tea. They also serve bagels and snacks for other students. The Library also has the front desk where many students work to help there peers check out books, laptops and with other research support.

6
Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com

After the library, Blaze then decides to visit the most popular student dining hall on campus. While at Hiltop Blaze learns about the cooks and staff that provide breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a late night snacks. Blaze saw many job opportunities there; For fun he even served some burgers!

8
Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com

After Hiltop Blaze visits our fine arts center called Dowd. Dowd is a great place to find a job. The fine arts center is the place where all of our school productions are held. Throughout the semester Dowd holds multiple plays and art shows. Blaze learned that he can apply to become an usher and sell tickets for the shows. For fun he even hoped on stage and pretended to sing!

10
Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com

Blaze decides to make his way to lower campus. He goes towards the resident hall and meets the staff that work in his new home away from home. He has Resident Assistances, an Academic Peer Mentor, and a Residential Hall Directors that will all support him as a new student at Cortland. Blaze has a resident assistant on his floor, academic peer mentor that will helps him with his schedule and Residential Hall Director that is there for support throughout his new building. Blaze is thinking about being a resident assistant or academic peer mentor next semester.

12
Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com

After chatting with the RA’s and other staff members in the dorms, Blaze decides to make his way down to the Student Life Center (SLC). Blaze loves to workout so getting a job there can be perfect for him. When at the  SLC there are many job options to consider. Blaze can apply to be a gym attendant. Gym attendants walk around the SLC and make sure all of the equipment is being used properly and that no one has any questions. Blaze can also apply to become a personal trainer. Many students love having someone coach them while working out.

14
Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com

Besides the gym the SLC also has two food establishments. They are called The Bistro and Fuel. Like Hiltop Blaze can work as a server, cook or in the dining room. What makes these two food establishments different is offer healthier options for students. Blaze stoped by and hung out with two of the cooks!

16
Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com

After hanging out with the cooks, Blaze makes his way to the child care center. Blaze loves kids so he feels like the child care center might be a great place for him to work. At the child care center Blaze can help take care of children, play with them on the playground and read them stories. This will be great practice if Blaze decided to major in education.

18
Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com

Lastly Blaze takes a trip to Park Center. Park Center is the home to all PE majors and athletes. Park Center has a huge gym which consists of two full size basketball courts. This is where students can come to play all types of sports. Students can form teams to play volleyball, basketball, soccer and more. Blaze learns that in order for the students to play intramural sports they need to have referees. A referee is another type of job students can have on campus. It makes playing sports more fun. Blaze would even get his own whistle!

20
Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com

Blaze had a great time taking a tour at SUNY Cortland. Before Blaze left campus he stoped at the admissions office; He thanked everyone for a great tour and even bumped into to our schools president! Blaze told him what a great day he had and even got to take a picture with him! Blaze cant wait to start his freshman year this coming fall. He is going to apply for as many jobs as he can!  https://jobs.cortland.edu

 

 

GO RED DRAGONS!

 

22
Blazes Red Dragon Tour by Lauren - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content