5 Bonfire Night recipe book by Michael Blumfield - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

5 Bonfire Night recipe book

  • Joined Nov 2019
  • Published Books 1

Recipe number 1

Spicy 3 Bean Sausage Rolls

An easy recipe for vegan sausage rolls made with beans and lightly spiced.
Ingredients
  • 1 block Jus-Rol Puff Pastry (suitable for vegans)
  • 400g black beans
  • 400g canellini beans
  • 400g kidney beans
  • 4 tbsp ground cumin
  • 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 2 tsp onion granules/powder
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp ground coriander
  • 1-2 tsp chilli powder
  • 5 tbsp porridge oats
  • a good grinding of salt and black pepper
Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 220c/200c fan/425f/gas mark 7.
2. Give the beans and spices a few pulses in a blender until partly blended or    mash in a bowl.
3. Add the oats and mix through.
4. Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle and cut in half. Make sausage        shapes with the bean mix, leaving a space around each You should manage 4 sausages on the pastry. Any leftover bean mixture can be frozen and used again.
5. Brush a little water around the sausage shapes, then lay the second sheet of pastry on top and seal down the sides. Slice between the sausage rolls and cut each in half.
6. Slice into the top of each pastry to let steam out, place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden.
7. Enjoy!
2
5 Bonfire Night recipe book by Michael Blumfield - Ourboox.com
Recipe number 2

Sausage & Bacon Bonfire Party Buns

Ingredients
For the dough
  • 250 ml milk – lukewarm
  • 40 g butter – very soft
  • 1 tsp bread yeast
  • 300 g strong white flour
  • 100 g plain white flour
  • 1 tbs grain mustard
  • 1/2 tsp salt
For the filling
  • 1 tsp vegetable oil
  • 1 small onion – finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 3 rashers streaky bacon – finely chopped
  • 2 pork sausages – skinned and broken up
  • 2 tbs heaped chutney
Instructions
  1. Add the butter and yeast to the lukewarm milk and allow to stand in warm place until the yeast has started to froth.
  2. Place the flour into a large bowl and mix, add the milk mixture, mustard and salt.
  3. Knead for 5-10 minutes on a floured surface or in your food mixer with a dough hook for 5 minutes. Cover (I use a hotel shower cap) and leave in a warm place until doubled in size (about 45 minutes).
  4. Fry the onion, garlic, bacon and sausage meat over a low heat until soft.
  5. When the dough is risen knock it back and flatten out until about the size of a baking tray.
4
5 Bonfire Night recipe book by Michael Blumfield - Ourboox.com

Recipe number 3

Steak and Kidney Mini Pies

For the filling:
400g pack diced steak and kidney
a few tablespoons plain flour
butter for browning
beef stock cube or liquid (I favour the Marco Pierre White stockpots but am grossed out by the Colman’s ad with the dancing cow)
3-4 finely chopped mushrooms

 

For the pastry:
350g plain flour plus extra for rolling
85g unsalted chilled butter, diced
85g chilled vegetable fat, diced
1 tbsp’s worth squirt of mustard
3-4 tbsp water to bind
1 egg yolk to glaze

instructions:

1. Toss the steak and kidney pieces in flour. Melt some butter in a large saucepan or cast iron casserole dish and brown the meat 4-5 chunks at a time to avoid creating steam in the pan.
2. When all the pieces of meat are browned, return them all to the pan on a low heat and add the mushrooms and stock cube/paste/whatever with enough liquid to nearly cover the meat. Cook on a back burner for 2 hours until tender, stirring occasionally to make sure it’s not sticking on bottom of pan.
3. Meanwhile, make up the shortcrust pastry. Either rub the fat into the flour with your fingers or pulse in the food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs. If you use a food processor (like me) you’ll need to transfer it to a large mixing bowl to bind.
4. To bind, squirt in the mustard and a few tablespoons or the water. Stir with a metal spoon to bring together in large lumps then draw into a ball with your hands.
5. Form the pastry into two flat-ish discs and wrap with plastic film. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes and around this time preheat the oven to 180c / gas 4.
6. After the time is up, remove from the fridge and roll out on a floured surface. Use 3in and 4in circular cutters to cut out pastry bases and lids. Push into the shape of the 12 hole muffin tin.
7. When the meat filling is cooked spoon some into each of the pie cases leaving most of the gravy in the pan. Press pastry lids on top and press down around the edges with a fork.
8. Brush egg yolk on top of the pie lids to glaze; bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the tops are golden. Allow to cool in the tins for a few minutes then gently prise out and serve.

6
5 Bonfire Night recipe book by Michael Blumfield - Ourboox.com

Recipe number 4

Sweet Potato and Fresh Ginger Protein Balls

Ingredients
For the protein balls:
  • 125g (1 ½ cups) rolled oats
  • 200g (1 cup) cooked sweet potato, mashed (about 1 large potato)
  • 125g (½ cup) nut butter
  • Large pinch of fresh ginger, grated
  • 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon skimmed milk powder or vanilla protein powder
To finish:
  • Coconut, milled linseeds, cocoa, sesame seeds, chopped nuts etc… whatever you have or prefer for rolling
Instructions
Blitz all the ingredients in a high-speed blender until combined. If your blender isn’t high-speed, pulse the oats first to make them a bit finer, then add the remaining ingredients, or combine by hand. Roll into teaspoon-sized balls, then roll in the coconut, cocoa etc… and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
8
5 Bonfire Night recipe book by Michael Blumfield - Ourboox.com

Recipe number 5

Gingerbread Friands

Ingredients

  • 2 tsp dark muscovado sugar
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 tsp golden syrup
  • 100 g butter melted
  • 15 g ground almonds
  • 90 g plain flour
  • 80 g icing sugar
  • 2 egg whites

Instructions

  1. Melt the butter and allow it to cool.
  2. Whisk the egg whites using an electric whisk, until it reaches the soft peak stage.
  3. Place the dark muscovado sugar and golden syrup in a small bowl, and melt them together in the microwave. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
  4. Place this mixture in a large bowl, and add the ground ginger, cooled melted butter, ground almonds, plain flour and icing sugar.
  5. Mix together. The mixture will be quite thick and lumpy, but once you add the egg white it will be fine.
  6. Fold in the whisked egg white carefully.
  7. Grease your friand tray (I used a silicone tray), and spoon the mixture into the holes evenly.
  8. Bake at 180 degrees for around 20 minutes, until golden brown and firm in the centre.
  9. Allow to cool slightly, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
10
5 Bonfire Night recipe book by Michael Blumfield - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content