Book Report – Who Was Louis Braille?

by matan evseyev

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Book Report – Who Was Louis Braille?

  • Joined Jun 2021
  • Published Books 2

Book ID:

Name of the book: Who Was Louis Braille?

Author: Margaret Frith

Genre: Biography

2

3

Summary Of The Plot:

When Louis was three years old he was involved in an accident that left him blind. He couldn’t read or write but he could listen and remember. braille had an incredible memory and he was one of the best students in his grade. At the age of ten, Louis went to the only special school for the blind in Paris, in the library, there were fourteen books for the blind that had embossed letters so the blind could read them with their fingers. Louis didn’t like these books because the letters were big and because of that, it took a long time to read a whole book, then he was introduced to a new method of writing that was used in the war and it was called night writing which was used in the war when soldiers needed to write to each other at night. the inventor of this writing method thought that it also can be used by the blind. braille thought that this method of writing is far better than the embossed letters method, but as he started to use night writing he realized there were a few problems with it. so he started to work on improving night writing. at the age of fifteen he figured out his method, and today the whole world uses this system which is now called braille.

4

5

The Characters:

Louis Braille: Louis Braille was born with curly blond hair and blue eyes, Louis has a very interesting personality he is very hardworking and very talented at almost everything he does. Louis is very humble, even when he is the best in his class he doesn’t show off and he doesn’t put himself higher than other people. braille was very talented when it comes to instruments, he could play music just by hearing it. braille had played three different instruments first, he played the cello then he played the piano, and later on the organ. braille was a very curious person. he always tried to find ways to improve things just like he did with the night writing method. I really like Braille’s personality, I like that he is a curious person, and that’s why it’s my favorite character.

Other characters: In my opinion, all the other characters that are not Lewis Braille are extras and that’s why I think there are no secondary characters.

6

Six Dots: The Remarkable Life and Legacy of Child Inventor Louis Braille, Illustrated – Brain Pickings

7

A New Cover For The Book:

I chose to create this cover for the book, because it is a cover that expresses the process of creating Braille(the question mark that is on Braille and his invention that is behind it).

 

8

Book Recommendation:

I really recommend this book to anyone who wants to know a little more about the Braille creation process and Louis Braille.
Finally, this book can explain a little more about how language is created and how an idea becomes a reality.

10
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content