BROWN SKIN GIRL – by Yuval Shaya by Yuval Shaya - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

BROWN SKIN GIRL – by Yuval Shaya

  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 10

In today’s society, it is essential to acknowledge the importance of treating everyone equally and with respect. Brown-skinned people, in particular, have faced countless injustices, prejudice, and systemic discrimination throughout history. The Black Lives Matter movement has highlighted the importance of addressing these issues and creating a world where all individuals are the same, without differences.

2
BROWN SKIN GIRL – by Yuval Shaya by Yuval Shaya - Ourboox.com

״Brown Skin Girl” is a song by Beyonce and her daughter featuring Nigerian artist Wizkid.

The song celebrates and uplifts brown-skinned women and girls, promoting self-love, confidence, and acceptance. The lyrics include lines as: ‘brown skin girl, your skin just like pearls, the best thing in the world’. Another line: ‘your skin is not only dark, it shines, and it tells your story.’

The song also acknowledges the challenges which brown-skinned women face, including color and societal beauty standards that prioritize lighter skin.

 

4
BROWN SKIN GIRL – by Yuval Shaya by Yuval Shaya - Ourboox.com

The Black Lives Matter movement began in response to the amount of violence and systemic racism against Black people. It has become a global movement to end racial discrimination and to ensure that Black lives are valued and respected.

The movement has led to widespread awareness and has sparked conversations and actions towards creating a more fairness society.

6
BROWN SKIN GIRL – by Yuval Shaya by Yuval Shaya - Ourboox.com

Recently, there were significant steps towards representations in the entertainment industry. The upcoming Disney live-action remake of “The Little Mermaid” featured a brown-skinned actress, Halle Bailey, as the lead. This decision was groundbreaking step, and promoted a significant move towards representations and diversity in Hollywood.

The casting of a brown-skinned actress in such an iconic role is significant because it shows that representation matters. It sends a message that people of all races and ethnicities are worthy of being seen, heard, and be well known. It is essential to have role models and positive and colorful representations in the media.

 

A video of young girls’ sweetest reaction to new “Little Mermaid” trailer:

8
BROWN SKIN GIRL – by Yuval Shaya by Yuval Shaya - Ourboox.com

To conclude, treating everyone with the same respect and value is crucial, and movements like Black Lives Matter highlight the importance of addressing issues of discrimination and inequality. The new Little Mermaid movie with a brown-skinned lead shows that representations matters and can positively impact people’s self-esteem and sense of belonging. Let us all work towards a world where everyone is treated with dignity and respect, regardless of skin color or background.

10
BROWN SKIN GIRL – by Yuval Shaya by Yuval Shaya - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content