Ol' Blue Eyes
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Chairman of the Board

19 years old ! full of joy and positive energies. Political science student TAU.
  • Joined Dec 2019
  • Published Books 1

 

 

 

 

“Chairman of the Board,”
“Ol’ Blue Eyes,”
“Frankie Boy,”
“Swoonatra” or simply “The Voice.” are all names of the same pesron Frank Sinatra.
On this E-Book you will find information about Frank, some of his famous songs and live shows.
Enjoy !

2

 

 

 

 

Chairman of the Board,

 

 Ol’ Blue Eyes,

 

Frankie Boy,

 

Swoonatra,

 

The Voice.

3

 

Frank Sinatra is a legend whose music crossed the decades from World War II to the 1990s.

Until his death in 1998, he continued to perform as one of the world’s most beloved entertainers, drawing a crowd wherever he went.

Sinatra’s vocal instrument left a permanent mark on 20th-century America.

His versions of the country’s popular songs set a definitive standard for singers and instrumentalists alike.

4

 

 

 

 

 

 

Writer David Hajdu once assessed Sinatra’s career memorably: “To hell with the calendar. The day Frank Sinatra dies, the 20th century is over.” Sinatra died May 14, 1998, an eternal icon of modern music.

5
The Chairman of the Board by Mariam Soliman - Ourboox.com

 

New York New York 

I’ll make a brand new start of it in old New York
If I can make it there, I’ll make it anywhere
It’s up to you, New York, New York

 

7

“Fly Me to the Moon” is a popular standard song written by Bart Howard in 1954. It was originally titled “In Other Words”, and was introduced by Felicia Sanders in cabarets. The song became known popularly as “Fly Me to the Moon” from the first line of the B verse, and after a few years the publishers changed the title to that officially.

8

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
And let me see what spring is like
On a-Jupiter and Mars

9

In 1953 Sinatra’s musical style took a dramatic turn. He signed with Capitol Records and, throughout the next nine years, issued a series of recordings widely regarded as his finest body of work. He is credited (though perhaps not accurately so) with inventing the “concept album”—an LP collection of songs built around a single theme or mood. His new approach also demanded new arrangements, and the in-house arrangers at Capitol were among the best. He worked with veteran big-band musician Billy May on outstanding up-tempo albums such as Come Fly with Me (1958) and Come Dance with Me! (1959), and with the arranger-composer Gordon Jenkins, whose lush string arrangements heightened the melancholy atmosphere of Where Are You? (1957) and No One Cares (1959).

10

Killing me softly with her song
Killing me softly with her song
Telling my whole life with her words
Killing me softly with her song

11

Throughout his life, Frank Sinatra used his unparalleled artistic talents and resources to better the human condition.

While Frank Sinatra was known across the world for his public persona, few knew about his private philanthropic efforts to help mankind however he could.

“With every donation you can help us realize Dad’s dreams for better education, the eradication of disease, and aid for the individual in need. On behalf of my family, thank you for the support!” —Tina Sinatra

12

You make me feel so young
You make me feel so spring has sprung
And every time I see you grin
I’m such a happy individual

 

13

 

14

One of Sinatra’s most well-known songs, “My Way” is considered an all time classic.

It holds the record for the most time spent in the UK top 40 singles chart at a massive 75 weeks and was also successful in the US, peaking at #27 in May 1969, and Belgium where it reached #19.

15

Frank Sinatra always saluted his audience with a toast: “May You Live To Be A Hundred And The Last Voice You Hear Be Mine.”  Envisioned as a child’s first musical library to be shared with the generations before, Tina Sinatra has curated a special compilation of Sinatra recordings for children and parents alike. On May 12, Universal Music Group will release Frank Sinatra: Baby Blue Eyes… May The First Voice You Hear Be Mine.

After combing the songs from Sinatra’s Reprise, Capitol and Sony catalogs, Tina carefully chose 20 songs for ‘Baby Blue Eyes’ that express a father’s love, compassion and dreams for children around the world. Featuring a baby photo of Sinatra on its cover

16
The Chairman of the Board by Mariam Soliman - Ourboox.com

In 2013, Jack Daniel’s sold more than 11 million cases of the company’s iconic Black Label Tennessee Whiskey bottle. According to the company’s historian, Nelson Eddy, that would never have been possible if not for Frank Sinatra.

“Frank’s introduced to Jack Daniel’s in around 1947, we’re a brand that’s under 200,000 cases at that point, very small brand,” Eddy says. “And the only reason Sinatra finds out about it, he’s at a bar with Jackie Gleason. Gleason turns to him and says, ‘Have you tried Jack Daniel’s?’ He tries it that night, he falls in love with it, he feels like he’s discovered it and given the number of cases that were out there, in a way, he did discover it for many, many people. He starts calling it, from the stage, the nectar of the gods and the best booze in the world.”

Talk to anybody within the company and they’ll tell you about how the history of Jack Daniel’s is intertwined with music, going back to Jasper Newton “Jack” Daniel himself.

18
The Chairman of the Board by Mariam Soliman - Ourboox.com

 

I love you baby and if it’s quite all right,
I need you baby to warm the lonely night
I love you baby trust in me when I say

 

20

A Sinner Kissed An Angel

 

21

22

23

24

25

26

27

28

29
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content