map cover
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

DAY 2

  • Joined Oct 2022
  • Published Books 2

Authors:

 

SUNA DAĞCIN

 

GÜLSEREN ÜÇOK

 

GÜVEN AKGÜN

2

After breakfast, with your purchased combination ticket you will visit 7 historical places by metro and on foot.

 

The attractions are:

 

1)Acropolis

2)The Ancient Agora

3)The Roman Agora

4)Hadrian’s Library

5)The Temple of Olympian Zeus

6)The Aristotle’s School

7)Kerameikos

 

3

1) Acropolis

 

The Acropolis of Athens is an ancient citadel located on a rocky outcrop above the city of Athens and contains the remains of several ancient buildings of great architectural and historical significance, the most famous being the Parthenon.

 

 

4
DAY 2 by Suna Dağcın - Ourboox.com

2)The Ancient Agora

 

The ancient Agora of Athens (also called the Classical Agora) is the best-known example of an ancient Greek agora, located to the northwest of the ACropolis and bounded on the south by the hill of the Areopagus and on the west by the hill known as the Agorais Kolonos, also called Market Hill. The Agora’s initial use was for a commercial, assembly, or residential gathering place.

 

6
DAY 2 by Suna Dağcın - Ourboox.com

3)The Roman Agora

 

The Roman Agora of Athens (or the Roman Forum) was an important marketplace and meeting point during the Roman Era in ancient Athens. It was constructed with donated funds by Julius Caesar and Augustus between 19 and 11 BCE.

(not to be confused with the Classical Agora)

 

8
DAY 2 by Suna Dağcın - Ourboox.com

4)Hadrian’s Library

 

Hadrian’s Library was created by Roman Emperor Hadrian in AD 132 on the north side of the Acropolis of Athens.

The building was used to store literary works and legal archives as well as offer a place to hear lectures and host various philosophical schools. The ruins reflect Hadrian’s ambition to establish Athens as the cultural centre of his empire.

10
DAY 2 by Suna Dağcın - Ourboox.com

5)The Temple of Olympian Zeus

 

The Temple of Olympian Zeus, also known as the Olympieion or Columns of the Olympian Zeus, is a former colossal temple at the center of the Greek capital Athens. It was dedicated to “Olympian” Zeus, a name originating from his position as head of the Olympian gods. Construction began in the 6th century BC during the rule of the Athenian tyrants, who envisaged building the greatest temple in the ancient world, but it was not completed until the reign of the Roman Emperor Hadrian in the 2nd century AD, some 638 years after the project had begun. During the Roman period the temple, which included 104 colossal columns, was renowned as the largest temple in Greece and housed one of the largest cult statues in the ancient world.

12
DAY 2 by Suna Dağcın - Ourboox.com

6)The Aristotle’s School

 

The Lyceum was a school of unprecedented organized scientific inquiry and, In a sense, the first major centre to put forward the modern scientific method. It was from here, too, that Aristotle wrote extensively on a wide range of subjects including politics, metaphysics, ethics and logic.

14
DAY 2 by Suna Dağcın - Ourboox.com

7)Kerameikos

 

The area of Kerameikos was used as a burial ground for many centuries; according to the Hellenic Ministry of Culture, the earliest tombs discovered there by archaeologists “date to the Early Bronze Age.

 

 

16
DAY 2 by Suna Dağcın - Ourboox.com

End of the sight-seeing!

 

Now, you will explore around and do shopping at Shopping Street Ermou and Athinas Street!

18
DAY 2 by Suna Dağcın - Ourboox.com

After shopping and walking around you are now free to have dinner and return to your hotel!

20
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content