delicious food

by tamar sabato schwarts

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

delicious food

  • Joined Mar 2021
  • Published Books 1

Hamburger

Information

Hamburger, Is a sandwich with a patty (usualy made out of meat)  and variuos different vegetables. the claims of were the burger was invented disputed but it is believed it was invented it the Usa by Louis Lassen, or in Germany.  additionaly it happend in the late 19 hundreds or the early 20 hundreds.

Personal opinion

We chose to write about the hamburger because we think that it is a delicious food. Additionally it is estimated that Americans alone consume 50 billion Burgers per a year. Which in itself is a good enough reason to write about burgers. And because of all of that we chose to write about burgers.

Recipe

  • Lightly oil grill& heat BBQ to medium.
  • Whisk egg in a bowl& add next 6 ingredients.
  • Add any of the “stir-ins” that appeal to you.
  • Crumble in beef& using your hands or a fork, gently mix together.
  • Handle the meat as little as possible – the more you work it, the tougher it gets.
  • Gently shape (don’t firmly press) mixture into burgers about ¾ inch thick.
  • Using your thumb, make a shallow depression in the centre of each burger to prevent puffing up during cooking.
  • Place burgers on the grill, close lid& BBQ until NO LONGER PINK INSIDE, turning once, about 6 – 8 minutes per side.
  • An instant read thermometer should read 160F.
  • Don’t abuse your burgers by pressing with a spatula, pricking with a fork or turning frequently as precious juices will be lost!
  • Tuck into a warm crusty bun& add your favourite toppings.
2
delicious food by tamar sabato schwarts - Ourboox.com

Ice cream

Information

Modern ice cream was invented in the mid 1900 by Jacob Fussell. He was the first to manufacture a lot of ice cream. He bought dairy products from farmers in Pennsylvania, and sold them in Baltimore. After he sold his products he was left with cream which he made into ice cream.

Personal opinion

we wanted to write about ice cream because it is very prominent in the world of desserts, almost anybody you will ask likes one of the many flavors and varieties of ice cream. That is the reason (other then the fact that it is delicious) that we wanted to write about ice cream

Recipe

  1. In a small pot, simmer heavy cream, milk, sugar and salt until sugar completely dissolves, about 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat. In a separate bowl, whisk yolks. Whisking constantly, slowly whisk about a third of the hot cream into the yolks, then whisk the yolk mixture back into the pot with the cream. Return pot to medium-low heat and gently cook until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer).
  2. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Cool mixture to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Churn in an ice cream machine according to manufacturers’ instructions. Serve directly from the machine for soft serve, or store in freezer until needed.
4
delicious food by tamar sabato schwarts - Ourboox.com

Pizza

Information

Modern pizza evolved from flat bread dishes in Naples Italy. Raffaele Esposito a baker from Naples is usualy given credit for making the first pizza. However it is known that street vendors is Naples sold flat bread with toppings many years before that.

Personal opinion

We wrote about pizza because like its counterpart the burger it is a prominent player in the fast food industry. it is estimated that about        30 million pizza’s are eaten in a single day. For those reasons and because it tastes good we decided to write about pizza.

Recipe

  1. “Bloom” the yeast by sprinkling the sugar and yeast in the warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes, until bubbles form on the surface.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the middle and add the olive oil and bloomed yeast mixture. Using a spoon, mix until a shaggy dough begins to form.
  3. Once the flour is mostly hydrated, turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead for 10-15 minutes. The dough should be soft, smooth, and bouncy. Form the dough into a taut round.
  4. Grease a clean, large bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for at least an hour, or up to 24 hours.
  5. Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead for another minute or so, then cut into 4 equal portions and shape into rounds.
  6. Lightly flour the dough, then cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for another 30 minutes to an hour while you prepare the sauce and any other ingredients.
  7. Preheat the oven as high as your oven will allow, between 450-500˚F (230-260˚C). Place a pizza stone, heavy baking sheet (turn upside down so the surface is flat), or cast iron skillet in the oven.
  8. Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce: Add the salt to the can of tomatoes and puree with an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
  9. Once the dough has rested, take a portion and start by poking the surface with your fingertips, until bubbles form and do not deflate.
  10. Then, stretch and press the dough into a thin round. Make it thinner than you think it should be, as it will slightly shrink and puff up during baking.
  11. Sprinkle semolina onto an upside down baking sheet and place the stretched crust onto it. Add the sauce and ingredients of your choice.
  12. Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone or pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust and cheese are golden brown.
  13. Add any garnish of your preference.
6
delicious food by tamar sabato schwarts - Ourboox.com

Pancakes

Information

The origin of pancakes is from over 30,000 years ago in the stone age.

Because pancakes have been found in the stomach of Otzi the iceman which are 5,300 years old. Pancakes were also made in ancient Greece and Rome.

Personal opinion

The subject pancakes is here for the reason that we love pancakes a lot. Additionally Pancakes date back many years, if anybody deserves to be on this list it’s definitely pancakes.

Recipe

ingredients

  • In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.

  • Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

8
delicious food by tamar sabato schwarts - Ourboox.com

end page

In conclusion, today we talked about four amazing and yummy food’s.

First we talked about burgers, and the mass amounts of them consumed every year.

Second we talked about ice cream and it’s many flavors and variants.

Third we talked about pizza and the fact that tens of millions of them are consumed every day.

Fourth we talked about pancakes and how even though they have existed for thousands or years they are still loved and eaten all over the world.

Today we have talked about only few of many wonderful food’s. We urge you to go and make them using the recipes we have provided.

The end thank you for reading

10

11
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content