Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Gustavo Aloso Lopez - Illustrated by Jeff Kinney - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

by

Artwork: Jeff Kinney

  • Joined Nov 2018
  • Published Books 1

 

 

Author: Jeff Kinney

 

Illustrator: Jeff Kinney

 

Cover Artist: Jeff Kinney and Chad W. Beckerman

 

Country: United States

 

Publication date: April 1, 2007

 

Pages: 221

2

Summary:

 

Greg Heffley is a kid who has just entered to a middle school

with his best friend Rowley and they try to avoid students who

are bigger than them because they’re trouble makers.Greg

want to end the year being the most popular kid at school but,

Rowley becomes most popular kid at school and, Greg gets mad

and jealous.

3

Characters:

Greg Heffley: Greg is the main character in the book he likes to play videos games and sleep all the day instead of playing sports and, he is best friend is Rowley.

 

Manny Heffley: Manny is Greg’s younger brother and is a 3 year old boy who always gets what he wants and doesn’t get in trouble for anything that he does.

 

Rodrick Heffley: Rodrick is Greg’s older brother and he is always making fun of him and bullying him. He is very rebel and is part of a band called ” Loded diper”.

 

Frank Heffley: Frank is Greg’s father and is unhappy with Greg because he prefers to play video games and sleep all the day instead of playing sports.

4

Characters:

Susan Heffley: Susan is Greg’s mother she always tries to prepared him for everything that can happen and she thinks that Greg is responsible for his little brother actions.

 

Rowley Jefferson: Rowley is Greg’s best friend and he very immature for his actions but he is a loyal friend to Greg and always do what Greg tells him to do.

5

Vocabulary:

  1.  Pg.14 Screening (Noun) : A showing of a movie, video, or television program.
  2.  Pg.23 Potty (Noun) : A bowl used by small children as a toilet.
  3.  Pg.67 Spooky (Adjective) : sinister or ghostly  in a way that causes fear and unease.
  4.  Pg.77 Madhouse (Noun) : A mental institution.
  5.  Pg.92 Biting (Adjective) : (of wind or cold) So cold as to be painful.
  6.  Pg.143 Racket (Noun) : A type of bat with a round or oval frame strung.
  7.  Pg.170 Partnered (Verb) : Be the partner of.
  8.  pg.202 Volunteered (Verd) : Freely offer to do something.
6

Quotes

  1.  Greg Heffley said “Feelings” at the beginning of the novel because her mother Susan buy him a diary that says “Diary” on the cover and he said that is a journal not a diary and that he is not going to write his feelings on that “diary”.This quote is very important in the novel because it tells us what Greg is not going to write in the “Diary”.

 

  1.  Greg Heffley said ” I’ll be famous one day, but for now I’m stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons” because that is the only reason why he is writing this “diary”, so Greg things that in the future he is going to be rich and famous and to not answer people questions all the times he is just going to give his “Diary” to them. This quote is very important too because it give us the reason why he is writing the novel and what is the purpose of this “Diary”.
7

Recommendation

I recommend this book because it has many drawings that help children to understand the book better or for people who want to learn English. Also this book has a simple and easy vocabulary to understand. Another thing that I like about this book is that it doesn’t have chapters and the story is not very long.

 

8
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content