Ethical Tourism by Daniella Madari - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ethical Tourism

  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 9

Freedom and Happiness for the elephants are our top priorities” – that was the first sentence our guide said while welcoming us at the beginning of our amazing day at “Phuket’s Elephant Care Sanctuary”.

I’d like to dedicate my eBook to Jao Thong, a 29-year-old elephant that worked in the tourism industry in Southern Thailand until she was rescued by the owners of the sanctuary in May 2020, thanks to Covid-19 and the resulting lack of tourists.

 

2

Jao Thong is a very good dancer. However, this quality is not a gift she received from God. She grew up in terrible conditions, trained under aggressive abuse, and was starved in order to learn how to dance and entertain tourists for food.

3

Even after three years of living at the sanctuary, Jao Thong’s habit of dancing when she sees people is still ingrained in her ❤️‍🩹

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EqUwwrCsSPXD1wGw2HiRMb6Ri6IAaWmi/view?usp=share_link

 

Due to the abuse she suffered throughout her life, Jao Thong’s mental condition is unstable. However, there is hope that with the freedom and love she receives at the sanctuary, she will be able to regain her spirit and behave like an elephant again, rather than an entertainment animal.

 

4

Our visit at the Elephant Care Sanctuary in Phuket was a wonderful experience, and we were honored to spend the day with this beautiful animal.

We had an incredible opportunity to feed the elephants some delicious treats, took a mud shower together, and most importantly, the elephants had the freedom to express their natural behavior.

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZYequhwXC2yh95fiERkZ7P1m_5v9la_u/view?usp=share_link

5
Ethical Tourism by Daniella Madari - Ourboox.com
Ethical Tourism by Daniella Madari - Ourboox.com
Ethical Tourism by Daniella Madari - Ourboox.com

Our visit supported the sanctuary’s work and left us inspired, transformed, and in awe of these majestic animals.

9
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content