Eurovision Memorable Winners by Niv Hurvitz - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Eurovision Memorable Winners

  • Joined Jan 2021
  • Published Books 1

First of all, let’s talk about the Eurovision song contest!
The Eurovision Song Contes is an international song competition organised annually by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) and featuring participants representing primarily European countries. Each participating country submits an original song to be performed on live television and radio, transmitted to national broadcasters via the EBU’s Eurovision and Euroradio networks, with competing countries then casting votes for the other countries’ songs to determine a winner.
the Eurovision song contest has been held every year since 1956, with the exception of the cancelled 2020 edition, making it the longest-running annual international televised music competition.

2

The Eurovision Song Contest has a recognizable opening music since 1957 that opened every competition until 2010:

3

the first Eurovision contest held in 1956 and the winner was Switzerland with the song Refrain performed by Lys Assia.

 

The song is in the classic chanson mode and laments the lost loves of the singer’s “adolescence”.

4

5

The first English song to win the competition was in 1967 and was the United Kingdom’s first win of the competition.
“Puppet on a String” is a song recorded by British singer Sandie Shaw. The song was written by Bill Martin and Phil Coulter.
Globally, the single achieved sales in excess of 4 million, making it the biggest selling winning Eurovision track to date. Some estimates suggest this makes the track the biggest selling single by a British female artist of all time. Shaw also recorded “Puppet on a String” in French, Italian, Spanish and German.

6

The english version of the song:

 

7

The French version of the song:

8

in 1969 four countries (the United Kingdom, Spain, the Netherlands and France) won the contest, the first time ever a tie had occurred. However, there was no rule at the time to cover such an eventuality, so all four countries were declared joint winners.

France’s win was their fourth, thus making it the first country to win the contest four times. The Netherlands’ win was their third. Spain and the United Kingdom each won for the second time. And it was the first time that any country (Spain, in this case) had a winning ESC entry two years in a row.

9

The winning song of the United Kingdom:

 

10

The winning song of Spain:

11

The winning song of French:

12

The winning song of the Netherlands :

 

13

in 1974 The winner of the contest was Sweden with the song “Waterloo” which was performed by ABBA, who went on to become one of the most popular recording acts of all time. Sweden’s win was its first, which was the first victory for the country from the Scandinavian Peninsula.

The single became a No. 1 hit in several countries. It reached the U.S. Top 10 and went on to sell nearly six million copies, making it one of the best-selling singles in history.

 

14

The preformance of the song:

 

15

The swedish version of the song:

 

16

in 1976 “Save Your Kisses for Me” was the winning song of the Eurovision Song Contest , performed for the United Kingdom by Brotherhood of Man.
The song became a worldwide hit, reaching No. 1 in many countries, including the UK, where it became the biggest-selling song of the year. Overall, it remains one of the biggest-selling Eurovision winners ever, and the biggest such seller in the UK.

17

18

in 1978 The contest was won by Izhar Cohen & the Alphabeta who represented Israel with the song “A-Ba-Ni-Bi”.
This was Israel’s first Eurovision win, which was also the first winning song to be performed in one of the Semitic languages.

 

The song deals with the way in which children relate to love. For this reason, the song uses the Bet language – a children’s language game where each syllable of the word is repeated with a bet preceding the consonant. Thus, the Hebrew “a-ni o-hev o-tach” (Hebrew: אני אוהב אותך‎ – I love you) becomes “a-ba-ni-bi o-bo-he-be-v o-bo-ta-ba-ch”.

19

20

in 1979 The winner was Israel with the song “Hallelujah”, performed by Milk and Honey. In fact, Israel won two years in a row!

 

Israel’s victory in this Eurovision Song Contest was dramatically different, with one final judging panel left and Spain leading Israel by one point (116 to Spain versus 115 to Israel). Israel needed two points to win the competition, and the last judging panel – of Spain – gave Israel 10 points. Israel won the competition with 125 points compared to 116 points for Spain, which settled for second place.

21

22
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content