Everything to Expect With Your First Time in the Gym

by Imogen Ewan

Artwork: Imogen Ewan

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Everything to Expect With Your First Time in the Gym

by

Artwork: Imogen Ewan

  • Joined Apr 2022
  • Published Books 1

Hiring a personal trainer to help you improve your fitness is a great idea, but you shouldn’t be nervous about it. Personal trainers are skilled professionals who will help you achieve your fitness goals. Expect to have your fitness level evaluated and demonstrate new moves, mainly if you’ve never worked out before. Here are a few things to expect from your first session:

 

Be honest with your trainer about your fitness goals

When meeting with your trainer for the first time, make sure you are honest with them about your goals. Tell them about your lifestyle and fitness levels and any equipment you have in the gym. Let your trainer know about your goals so they can design a workout program that suits your needs. Also, be honest with your trainer about what you’re afraid of doing in the gym. Then, your trainer can help you get over your fears and make your workouts more effective and fun.

 

Log your weight and measurements

As a first-time personal trainer, it is important to log your weight and measurements with each session to measure progress and determine how long you need to continue training to reach your fitness goals. Your trainer will likely take measurements of your hips, waist, chest, butt, arms, legs, feet, and body fat percentage. They will also likely conduct a fitness test to determine your level of flexibility.

 

Get a fitness journal

Keeping a fitness journal is essential for anyone committed to a healthy lifestyle. It keeps you accountable, but it also gives you a sense of consistency. By writing down your goals, you’ll be less likely to skip a workout or order takeout when you’re in a slump. If you’re a novice at keeping a fitness journal, here are some tips to get you started.

2

Plan your workout

Your first time in a gym can be daunting. You are unsure what exercises to choose or how long they will take. It is important to consider your body’s circadian rhythm. This internal clock causes you to feel alert and tired throughout the day. If you are a morning person, plan your workout to start your day motivated. If you are more of an evening person, you might not feel as motivated to get to the gym early enough. However, remember that all people need to start somewhere.

 

Prepare for your first personal training session

If you’re new to personal training near me, arrive ten minutes early for your first session. After that, you may want to show up early for each session to avoid missing the warm-up. During this time, you’ll have time to change clothes and use the restroom if necessary. Your trainer will likely want to warm up for about 10 minutes before the session begins, so being early is essential for you and your trainer. Getting there early will allow you to enjoy the full hour of one-on-one work with your trainer.

3
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content