The Invisible War by Dave McCall - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Invisible War

  • Joined Jun 2019
  • Published Books 1

They are everywhere. A friend, brother, son, neighbor, boyfriend, girlfriend, daughter, husband, wife, military veterans, mother, father, aunt, uncle. Chances are, you know somebody who has fallen victim to the plague that is sweeping our nation: opioids. Opiate addiction seems to be an invisible war to those who do not know what being an addict is like. The only people who know the devastation this epidemic causes are those who have close family or friends that fell victim. Opiate addicts are easily misjudged, misunderstood and mistreated. The negative stigma attached to people who are sick is unfair to those who have never been in their shoes. Once you get pulled in, the withdrawals become a nightmare you cannot escape. The chances of an opiate addict ever getting clean for good are slim. The sad reality is they have a better chance of dying from overdose than getting clean. Sadly, people seem to turn a blind eye to this crisis and those who suffer until they lose someone close to them. Opiate addiction treatment needs to evolve. Changes in our flawed healthcare must be made. Unfortunately, most treatment centers and rehabs only see dollar signs, not the life of a human. Insurance policies are tragically more important than the health and safety of an addict. Everyone should be given an opportunity to try and get the help they need. Everyone deserves a chance to turn their life around.

2
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content