Green Challenge by Green Challenge - Illustrated by Green Ghallenge partners - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Green Challenge

by

Artwork: Green Ghallenge partners

  • Joined Nov 2021
  • Published Books 1
Our knowledge and understanding of climate change and its causes and effects on the natural world is still evolving, but there is now clear consensus within the scientific community that climate change is real. 
Change is occurring at rates that exceed those of history and human-caused carbon emissions into the atmosphere are contributing to this accelerated rate of global climate change.
It is the biggest environmental crisis of our time. It threatens the future of the planet that we depend on for our survival and we are the last generation that can do something about it.
Our unsustainable lifestyles as well as economic and production models are so deeply rooted in our lives that it seems almost impossible to change them. However, this transformation is the only chance we have if we want to save our planet.
As teachers, we strongly believe that our students need to be connected with a global movement of people who are determined to change the world.
We are ready to strive together for the future we want, we are ready to take the
GREEN CHALLENGE!
2

 

Fatma Kul-50.Yıl Secondary School

 

 

3
My students prepared some questions to Mr. ATEŞ
On 9 December 2021,we hosted ibrahim Ateş who is in charge of TEMA in Salihli.The Turkish Foundation for Combating Soil Erosion (Turkish: Türkiye Erozyonla Mücadele, Ağaçlandirma ve Doğal Varlıkları Koruma Vakfı), better known in abbreviated form as TEMA, is a non-governmental organization (NGO) for reforestation and the protection of natural habitats in Turkey.First he introduced the foundation to the sts then he informed us about climate change.After his presentation my students asked some questions to him.These questions are:
1-What are the effects of climate change in Salihli?
2-What can we do to prevent climate change as students?
3-Can we join your foundation ?If yes,what can we do for the foundation?
His answers are:
1-It became hotter summers also winters are getting warmer year by year.We started to have problems in agriculture due to water shortage.
2-You can walk,ride to school instead of using private cars.You can reduce,reuse ,recycle things.You shouldn’t waste water,energy.You shouls use renewable anergy.
3-Yes,you can.You can join some voluntary works.You can educate the people…
5

Fulya Ayas / Süleymanpaşa Anatolia İmam Hatip High School

We had an interview with Umit Yadigar one og the head directors’ of Çekud. We talked about the reasons of pollution in our region. Mr. Yadigar said that we needed to find solid solutions to the pollution for the future and he also added the reason why our rivers were so dirty in Marmara region, because of the factorying. In his opinion if we want to live in a greener world we immediately stop opening factories and start to plant trees.

6
Green Challenge by Green Challenge - Illustrated by Green Ghallenge partners - Ourboox.com

8

CLIMATE CHANGE IN EXTREMADURA

16 December 2021

We were lucky enough to have Marina and José María, from Extremadura, who are working at the University of Munich. Their presentation was based on the questions that our students asked them.

It was a didactic presentation in all areas. The effort of having been translated into English has served as a bridge so that our members could follow the contents of the presentation without limitations.

At the beginning of the talk we were given a challenge which consisted of finding the wrong information that we found in the exhibition. In the end we were surprised to find that everything was true and there was nothing wrong. This strategy has served to promote a critical sense in the students and to encourage them not to take for truth any information they receive on a daily basis. Whenever something seems strange to us, we should contrast it with other sources (at least three).

The following ideas seem to us to be very important:

* The warming of our planet is due to the emission of carbon dioxide produced by human beings.

* In Extremadura we have a great treasure: Our community has 88 protected areas, which is like 300,000 football fields!

* What can we do? We can recycle and/or reuse. The latter would slow down climate change and we would invest less energy.

* The more carbon dioxide, the more plants and more pollen.

At the end of the presentation we were given a challenge. This consists of our students becoming researchers and following the steps of the scientific method they carry out a work on some of the concepts taught in the talk. If they wish, they will be able to incorporate some erroneous information so that together we can discover it the day they present their work to their classmates. We will keep you informed!

Thank you very much to all the attendees: Fatma and Lucía Sorrentino. Many thanks to our colleagues, students and teachers, from CEIP. San Isidro. And very grateful to Marina and José María.

We share with you the video of the session.

9

10
11
Erkam GÜNEŞ -50.Yıl Secondary School
On 9 December 2021,we hosted ibrahim Ateş who is in charge of TEMA in Salihli.The Turkish Foundation for Combating Soil Erosion (Turkish: Türkiye Erozyonla Mücadele, Ağaçlandirma ve Doğal Varlıkları Koruma Vakfı), better known in abbreviated form as TEMA, is a non-governmental organization (NGO) for reforestation and the protection of natural habitats in Turkey.First he introduced the foundation to the sts then he informed us about climate change

12
Green Challenge by Green Challenge - Illustrated by Green Ghallenge partners - Ourboox.com
Sancaktar İmam Hatip Secondary School- Seren Havrandere

Seçil Köklü Gülseven/ Atatürk Secondary School 

On 13th December we had an  Interview with Güray Karakaya the manager of Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD)in Manisa/Turkey.Here are the questions and answers.

 

1- What is your name and surname, can you briefly introduce yourself?

 

Güray Karakaya. Director of Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency –AFAD.

I have been working in Afad for 10 years.

 

2-What are the natural disasters?

 

Natural disasters are earthquakes, floods, landslides, avalanches, volcanoes, fires. These events occur both by human hand and natural factors, and sometimes they can stop life.

 

3-  Do Climate Change and Global Warming have an effect on natural disasters?

 

Yes there is. For example, increasing irregular rainfall can lead to natural disasters, and we can say that drought is one of the biggest dangers brought by climate change.

 

 

4- What are the most common natural disasters in our region?

 

Our region is a 1st degree earthquake zone. Especially destructive earthquakes of 6 and above can occur at any time.

 

5- What should we do to protect ourselves from natural disasters?

 

We should not disturb nature in order to be protected from natural disasters. We should listen to nature and we can protect ourselves by building strong buildings.

 

6- Is it possible to reduce the damage of natural disasters?

 

It is possible to reduce the damage of most natural disasters. We can reduce it by taking precautions. There is no such thing as a natural disaster. Disasters happen because of people.

 

7- What should we do in case of sudden natural disasters?

We must try to remain calm. We must prepare our emergency kit in advance and plan ahead.

 

8-  What kind of activities are you doing to raise awareness about disasters  among people in our city?

 

We send disaster awareness trainings and disaster trucks to villages, provinces and districts. We give various seminars in schools and institutions.

 

 

 

15

Seçil Köklü Gülseven/ Atatürk Secondary School 

 

 

16
Green Challenge by Green Challenge - Illustrated by Green Ghallenge partners - Ourboox.com

CEIP MONTGO SCHOOL (DENIA)

MARÍA P. GOMEZ B.

INTERVIEW WITH DENIA CITY COUNCIL EXPERTS IN ENVIRONTMENT 15/12/2021

Students of Ceip Montgo school, Spain, participated in a unique event that gave them the opportunity to make interesting questions about influences in climate change in our region. It was a wonderful experience!

18
Green Challenge by Green Challenge - Illustrated by Green Ghallenge partners - Ourboox.com
Green Challenge by Green Challenge - Illustrated by Green Ghallenge partners - Ourboox.com

With the participation of Assoc. Dr Zahide Acar, a Climate Change and Urbanization conference was held for our fifth and sixth graders. With their questions, our students shed light on us to look to the future with hope for a livable world.

 

Erdem Civelek- ISTEK 1915 CANAKKALE SECONDARY SCHOOL

 

22
Green Challenge by Green Challenge - Illustrated by Green Ghallenge partners - Ourboox.com

 

SERPİL DOĞAN

ŞEHİT MEHMET ÇETİN İMAM HATİP SECONDARY SCHOOL

We interviewed with TEMA Foundation Uşak Provincial President Barış Metin at our school. He informed us about the work of TEMA Foundation, the importance of planting trees and global climate change.

 

https://youtu.be/62U0nKwY0bc

 

 

24
Green Challenge by Green Challenge - Illustrated by Green Ghallenge partners - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content