Group work: Treasure Island by Stevenson, chapter 32/ Lycée Bascan by AriaElfania - Illustrated by Première L LVA/ Lycée Bascan - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Group work: Treasure Island by Stevenson, chapter 32/ Lycée Bascan

by

Artwork: Première L LVA/ Lycée Bascan

  • Joined Oct 2016
  • Published Books 1
Group work: Treasure Island by Stevenson, chapter 32/ Lycée Bascan by AriaElfania - Illustrated by Première L LVA/ Lycée Bascan - Ourboox.com

Rewriting Chapter 32 into a children’s book version

 

We reached the first of the tall trees, but we quickly saw that it was the wrong one, same for the second one. The third one was huge like a vegetal giant, as big as a cottage. Its shadow was so wide that a company could have  maneuvered in it. We could see the tree far from sea.

The idea of the gold laying at the roots of the tree made my companions swallow up their past terrors. They were hungry to get that fortune that laid waiting for each of them, as if their soul were bound to it.

 

 

3

 

Silver hobbled, grunting, on his crutch. He tightened the rope that held me, staring at me with a deadly look. I knew what he was thinking. In the nearness of the gold, he had forgotten his promise and the doctor’s warning. The only thing he wanted was to seize the treasure, find and board the Hispaniola, kill every honest person about the island and flee under the cover of night. It was, after all, what he had first intended.

4
Group work: Treasure Island by Stevenson, chapter 32/ Lycée Bascan by AriaElfania - Illustrated by Première L LVA/ Lycée Bascan - Ourboox.com

It was difficult for me to keep up with the treasure-hunters speed. I stumbled again; then Sliver grabbed the rope roughly and shot me murderous glances. I was hunted by the thought of the  tragedy that had once happened on that island, when that outrageous blueface-like buccaneer had killed six accomplices with his own hands. This peaceful grove must then have been filled with cries, I thought; and even with the tought I could believe I heard it ringing still.

“Huzza mates, all together!” shouted Merry; and they started to run.

And suddenly, no longer after they had broken into a run, and so they stop. Someone let out a low cry. Silver sped up, digging away with the foot of his crutch like a possessed man; and the next moment we had both stopped next to the others.

Before us was a great hole. We could see it was not realy recent, for the sides have fallen in and grass had grown up on the bottom. In this were the handle of a pickaxe, broken in two and the boards of several baking cases spread around. On one of these boards, I saw, branded with iron, the name: “Walrus” – the name of Flint’s ship.

Everything was clear now…

6
Group work: Treasure Island by Stevenson, chapter 32/ Lycée Bascan by AriaElfania - Illustrated by Première L LVA/ Lycée Bascan - Ourboox.com

Alternative ending to Chapter 32

All was clear to probation.

So after they had found that the chests were empty, the pirates were very angry and they thought that Jim was getting a plot with the captain, but in fact, not all the pirates thought this, some others thought that it was kind of normal that the chests were empty because they were not the only ones to come on the island and so there was a possibility that everything was not as they had expected.

Afterwards, everyone were screaming on the captain and so they all thought that it was Jim’s fault, so they took a very cruel decision, therefore it was to lock him in one of the biggest chests they had found, so the chest was locked and Jim couldn’t go out.

8
Group work: Treasure Island by Stevenson, chapter 32/ Lycée Bascan by AriaElfania - Illustrated by Première L LVA/ Lycée Bascan - Ourboox.com

After having locked him, the pirates started to fight because they were very angry about not finding anything, therefore they started to realize that fighting was not the solution so they went out of the place and they walked the long way back to their boat.

A little later the pirates were gone, he was desperate, he started to panic wondering how he could escape from the chest, screaming and punching around him. And then, his eyes got used to the dark and after a while Jim hopefully found a nail that could help him get out of here. And he decided to spy the pirates going to their boat. When they went on board, Jim secretly followed them and hid between two boxes full of food.

 

 

That’s all we know, we let you imagine how the story ends…

10
Group work: Treasure Island by Stevenson, chapter 32/ Lycée Bascan by AriaElfania - Illustrated by Première L LVA/ Lycée Bascan - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content