Habibi Funk by lujain rabea - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Habibi Funk

  • Joined May 2023
  • Published Books 1

Habibi Funk records as a project:

Habibi Funk is a music project and record label founded by Jannis Stürtz. It focuses on reissuing and showcasing rare and forgotten music from the Arab world, particularly from the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s. The term “Habibi Funk” is derived from the Arabic word “habibi,” which means “my beloved”.

2

Jannis Stürtz, a German DJ and collector, developed a passion for collecting and sharing music from the Arab world after being exposed to it during his travels. He began searching for obscure vinyl records and tapes from countries like Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, lebanon and Sudan. These records often represented a unique blend of local music traditions with Western influences like funk, soul, disco, and jazz.

3

Today,

Habibi Funk can be found on many platforms and has a lot of recorded preformenses on many emportant music archives in the 21 century like Boiler Room and My Analog Journal.

4

 

5

6

saving the arabic groove:

most of this music had no recored on the internet no mater the languge you tiped to search for it. today it can be found easly at platforms like youtube.

like Sharhabeel Ahmed – Argos Farfish (dance cheer up) Sudan 1960s, or Kamal Keila “King of Sudanese Jazz”.

7

8

9

from Africa and more spesificly from late 60s egypt we have

African Dance by Al Khamissi –

10

11

and from africa to the levant lebanon in the 70s

Khobs (bread) by  Issam Hajali.

12

13

many of these songs resurfaced on social medial latly and thanks to the project, today Habibi funk is refured to as a genre so wide geographicly. wether is’t arabic music or not its celabrated and embraced from north african marocco to  south west Asia.

 

 

 

14

15
16
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content