Hans Christian Andersen Billedbog uden Billeder

by Irina

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Hans Christian Andersen Billedbog uden Billeder

by

  • Joined May 2020
  • Published Books 1

Picturebook Without Pictures

 

 

Картинки -невидимки

 

Ганс Христиан Андерсен

2
Hans Christian Andersen Billedbog uden Billeder by Irina - Ourboox.com

First Evening

“Last night” – these are the Moon’s own words – “I glided through the clear sky of India and reflected myself in the Ganges. My rays struggled to force their way through the thick roof of old sycamore trees that arched beneath me like the shell of a tortoise. From the thicket, a Hindu maiden stepped out, graceful as a gazelle and beautiful as Eve. There was something truly spiritual, and yet material, about her, and I could even make out her thoughts beneath her delicate skin. The thorny liana plants tore her sandals, but she walked rapidly forward. The wild beasts that came up from the river after quenching their thirst fled away in fright, for the maiden held a lighted lamp in her hand. I could see the blood in the delicate fingers arched into a shield over the flame of the lamp. She walked down to the river, then placed the lamp on the surface, and it drifted away with the current. The flame flickered back and forth, as if it wanted to expire, but still it burned as the maiden’s dark, sparkling eyes followed it, with a soulful gaze from beneath the long, silken lashes of her eyelids. She knew that if the lamp should burn as long as her eyes could follow it, her lover would still be alive; but if it went out, he would be dead. As the lamp burned and trembled, the heart of the maiden burned and trembled. She knelt and prayed. Beside her a deadly snake lurked in the grass, but she thought only of Brahma and of her bridegroom.

‘He lives!’ she shouted joyfully, and the echo answered from the mountains, ‘He lives!’ “

4
Hans Christian Andersen Billedbog uden Billeder by Irina - Ourboox.com
Вечер I
«Прошлою ночью», — говорю словами самого месяца — «я скользил по ясному небу Индии, глядясь в воды Ганга. Лучи мои тщётно силились проникнуть сквозь чащу старых платанов; густолиственные ветви их переплелись и образовали стену, непроницаемую, как броня черепахи. Вдруг из чащи вышла молодая девушка, лёгкая, как газель, прекрасная, как сама Ева, истая дочь Индии, поражающая какою-то воздушною прелестью, и в то же время пышной роскошью форм. Сквозь тонкую кожу, казалось, просвечивали самые мысли девушки. Колючие лианы рвали её сандалии, но она быстро шла вперёд. Хищный зверь, только что утоливший в реке свою жажду, пугливо отпрянул в сторону: в руках у девушки сияла лампада. Я видел, как переливалась алая кровь в нежных пальчиках, прикрывавших пламя от ветра. Вот она подошла к реке и пустила лампаду по течению. Огонёк заколебался; вот-вот он погаснет, но нет! Девушка провожала его сияющим взором; все силы её души сосредоточились в сверкающих огнём глазах, опушенных шёлковой бахромой длинных ресниц. Ведь, если огонёк будет гореть, пока лампада не скроется из вида — милый её жив; погаснет — значит, он умер! Лампада плыла, огонёк горел, то вспыхивая, то замирая, а с ним вместе то вспыхивало надеждой, то замирало и сердце девушки. Вот она опустилась на колени, и уста её зашептали молитву. Невдалеке притаилась в густой траве холодная скользкая змея, но девушка не думает о ней; мысли её несутся к Браме и к милому. «Он жив!» — радостно восклицает она, и горы шлют отклик: «Он жив!»

6

Third Evening

“In the narrow lane close by – it is so narrow that my rays can slide down the walls of the houses for only a moment, and yet in that moment I see enough to understand the little world stirring below – I saw a woman. Sixteen years ago she was a child, and out in the country she used to play in the old parsonage garden. The rosebush hedges were old, and their blossoms had fallen. They had run wild, and grew rankly over the paths, twisting their long branches up the trunks of the apple trees. Here and there a rose still sat on her stem, not so lovely as the queen of the flowers usually appears, but the color was still there, and the fragrance too. The clergyman’s little daughter seemed to me a much lovelier rose, as she sat on her stool under the straggling hedge and kissed her doll with the caved-in pasteboard cheeks.

“Ten years later, I saw her again; I saw her in a splendid ballroom, and she was the beautiful bride of a rich merchant. I was happy over her good fortune, and sought her again in the silent nights – alas, no one then heeded my clear eye, my trusty watch! My rose also grew up in rank wildness, like the roses in the parsonage garden. Life in the everyday world has its tragedies too, and tonight I witnessed the final act.

“In the narrow street, deathly ill, she lay upon her bed, and the wicked, rough, and cruel landlord, now her only acquaintance, tore away her blanket. ‘Stand up!’ he said. ‘Your cheeks are enough to frighten anyone! Dress yourself! Get some money, or I’ll throw you into the street! Get up, and hurry!’

” ‘Death is in my breast!’ she cried. ‘Oh, let me rest!’ But he dragged her up, painted her cheeks, put roses in her hair, set her at the window with a lighted candle beside her, and went away. I stared at her; she sat there motionless, though her hand fell down into her lap. The wind pushed against the window until it broke a pane, but still she did not move. The curtain fluttered about her like a flame – she was dead. There at the open window sat the dead one, as a preachment against sin – my rose from the parsonage garden!”

7
Hans Christian Andersen Billedbog uden Billeder by Irina - Ourboox.com
Вечер III
«Недалеко есть переулок до того узкий, что я могу заглянуть в него мимоходом лишь на минуту, но мне довольно и этого беглого взгляда, чтобы рассмотреть, какие люди там ютятся. Сегодня я видел там женщину. Шестнадцать лет тому назад она была ребёнком и беззаботно играла в саду старого пасторского дома, за городом. Старые кусты роз, доживавшие свой век, росли вкривь и вкось, а свежие дикие побеги их перекидывались через дорожку и переплетались с ветвями яблонь. На кустах, однако, виднелись ещё кое-где розы. Они, хоть и не отличались уже обычной красотой цариц цветов, всё-таки украшали кусты и разливали вокруг благоухание. Куда прекраснее их была, по-моему, дочка пастора. Она притащила под кусты маленькую скамеечку и сидела тут, баюкая и целуя свою куклу с провалившимися щеками. Прошло десять лет, и я увидел девушку в великолепно убранной бальной зале. Она была невестой богатого купца. Я порадовался её счастью и часто потом следил за нею тихими вечерами. Увы! Мало кто думает о моём ясном, всевидящем оке! Прекрасная роза моя тоже росла вкривь и вкось, пускала дикие побеги, как розовые кусты в пасторском саду! И среди будничной жизни разыгрываются своего рода трагедии; вчера вечером я видел в узком переулке последнее действие одной из таких трагедий. Девушка лежала на постели при смерти, но злой хозяин, единственный её покровитель, безжалостно отдёрнул занавески. «Вставай, принарядись, пугало ты этакое!» — грубо крикнул он на неё. «Добывай деньги, или я вышвырну тебя на улицу! Ну, живо!» — «Я умираю! Дайте мне отойти с миром!» — молила она. Но он поднял её силой, сам нарумянил её щеки, убрал голову цветами и, посадив её у открытого окна, близ ярко горящей свечки, ушёл. Я смотрел на неё. Она сидела неподвижно, уронив руки на колени. Ветер порывисто захлопнул окно; одно из стёкол вылетело, занавеска взвилась над головой девушки, но она не шевельнулась: она умерла! Из открытого окна глядело немое нравоучение — моя роза из пасторского сада».

9
Hans Christian Andersen Billedbog uden Billeder by Irina - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content