How Do You Pick a Title for Your New Book? by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

How Do You Pick a Title for Your New Book?

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1552

2

Here at Ourboox, we ask you to give a title for your book before you even start writing. Of course, you can change it as you go along. But just the act of selecting that small group of words gives you a direction to follow.

3

How many words should there be in the title? We recommend four or five. “Where the Wild Things Are”, for example, is a five word title. Of course there are famous books with only one word, such as “Caravans”. On the other hand, not all of us are James Michener.

4

If you are writing an e-book you should have at least one key word that is directly related to the topic. That makes it easy for readers to find your book when they search the relevant topic. If your book is about bananas, the word “banana” should appear in the title, rather than “My favorite yellow fruit”. Simple as banana pie.

 

5

If you are writing in a language that does not use Latin characters, I suggest that you first use Latin letters for your title. You can change the title later, but the url is much simpler and some of us think that it helps search engines find your work more easily.

6

For More Information

Visit Our YouTube Channel >>

7
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content