How Messi started his carrier? by Best Retro Jerseys - Illustrated by Hassan Kamal PAsha - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

How Messi started his carrier?

by

Artwork: Hassan Kamal PAsha

Bye Best Retro Jereys
  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 1

How Messi Started His Career: A Tale of Dedication and Hard Work

Lionel Messi, also known as “Leo,” is one of the greatest football players of all time. His exceptional skills on the field have earned him numerous accolades and made him an icon in the football world. However, his journey to greatness wasn’t easy.

In this article, we’ll take a look at how Messi started his career and the challenges he had to overcome to become the legend we know today.

Early Life and Football Beginnings

Lionel Messi was born on June 24, 1987, in Rosario, Argentina. He grew up in a family of football enthusiasts and was introduced to the sport at a young age by his father, who worked as a factory steel worker and also coached a local youth football team. Messi’s talent was apparent from a young age, and he quickly became a standout player on his father’s team.

2

At the age of six, Messi joined the youth team of Grandoli, a local football club. However, his growth hormone deficiency, a medical condition that limited his height and muscle development, nearly halted his football dreams. Messi’s family couldn’t afford the medical bills for his treatment, which could have cost them around $900 per month. Fortunately, his father’s employer, a steel company, agreed to cover the medical expenses, enabling Messi to continue playing football.

Joining FC Barcelona

In 2000, when Messi was 13 years old, he caught the eye of Carles Rexach, a sporting director at FC Barcelona, during a trial match. Impressed by Messi’s skills, Rexach offered him a contract on a paper napkin, which Messi’s family kept as a treasured possession. Messi moved to Spain with his family and joined Barcelona’s youth academy, La Masia.

Buy Messi Retro Jersey With Fine Quality

At Barcelona, Messi honed his skills under the guidance of coaches who recognized his potential. Despite facing various challenges, including homesickness and language barriers, Messi was determined to succeed. He worked tirelessly to improve his game, training for hours every day and studying videos of football matches.

3

Messi’s Professional Debut

In 2004, Messi made his professional debut for Barcelona, becoming the youngest player to play for the club in a league match. However, it wasn’t until the 2005-2006 season that Messi began to establish himself as a first-team regular. His performances in the league and the Champions League caught the attention of football fans and pundits around the world.

Over the next few years, Messi continued to shine on the field, winning several individual awards and helping Barcelona win multiple domestic and international titles. He became known for his exceptional ball control, dribbling skills, and scoring ability. His partnership with players such as Ronaldinho, Xavi, and Iniesta helped Barcelona dominate European football and cemented his status as one of the best players in the world.

International Career

Messi’s success at Barcelona earned him a place in the Argentine national team, and he made his debut in 2005. However, his international career hasn’t been as successful as his club career. Messi has played in several major tournaments, including the World Cup and the Copa America, but has yet to win a major international trophy with Argentina.

Despite this, Messi’s performances for his country have been outstanding, and he’s the all-time leading goal scorer for Argentina. In 2021, he finally won a major international trophy with his national team, the Copa America, which was held in Brazil. This was a moment of great joy for Messi and his fans, who had been waiting for years for him to achieve this milestone.

4

Conclusion

Lionel Messi’s journey to becoming one of the greatest football players of all time was filled with challenges and obstacles. From his medical Lionel Messi quickly became a sensation in Argentina, and his talents did not go unnoticed. At the young age of 13, he was offered a contract by FC Barcelona. Messi and his family were ecstatic at the opportunity, but they were also faced with the difficult decision of leaving their home and moving to Spain.

At first, Messi struggled to adapt to his new surroundings, both on and off the field. He was homesick and missed his family and friends back in Argentina. Additionally, he had a growth hormone deficiency that required expensive treatment. The club agreed to pay for his medical expenses, but Messi’s mother had to work long hours to support the family while they were in Spain.

Despite the challenges he faced, Messi continued to work hard and improve his skills on the field. He quickly moved up through the youth ranks at FC Barcelona and made his first team debut at the age of 16 in a friendly match against Porto.

From there, Messi’s career took off. He became a regular member of the first team and helped lead Barcelona to numerous domestic and international titles. He also became the face of the Argentine national team and led them to the 2014 World Cup final, although they ultimately fell short against Germany.

Messi has gone on to become one of the greatest footballers of all time, winning a record-breaking seven Ballon d’Or awards and countless other individual and team accolades. He has also become a global icon, with millions of fans around the world who admire his skill and dedication to the game.

Lionel Messi’s journey from a young boy in Rosario, Argentina to one of the greatest footballers of all time is a testament to his talent, hard work, and determination. His success has inspired countless young players around the world to pursue their dreams and never give up, no matter the obstacles they may face.

While Messi’s success is undoubtedly due to his incredible skills on the field, it is also a result of the support he received from his family, coaches, and teammates. Without their encouragement and guidance, he may never have achieved his full potential.

As Messi’s career continues to evolve, one thing is certain: he will always be remembered as a football legend. And for fans who want to honor his legacy and show their support, Best Retro Jerseys offers a wide selection of classic and vintage Messi jerseys from his time at Barcelona and the Argentine national team.

5
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content