Huckleberry Finn by corinne tonti - Illustrated by Corinne Tonti - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Huckleberry Finn

by

Artwork: Corinne Tonti

  • Joined Feb 2019
  • Published Books 3

 

 

 

45 years have passed since the last time I saw my friend Tom Sawyer, dear nephew.

I don’t tell this story often, only a few people know it.

The fact is that telling it , brings me back to mind that bad episode that I will never forget.

His blood on my hands, on my clothes, his scared eyes, his pale face. I will never forget them.

The pain he felt that day, I tried it myself just looking at him.

I can hear the sound of that shot everywhere today, especially at night, while I dream.

 

2
Huckleberry Finn by corinne tonti - Illustrated by Corinne Tonti - Ourboox.com

 

 

It is an infinite torture for me.

Do you really want to know how my story continues, boy?

Well then, after the bullet hit Tom’s leg, Tom started to lose a sea of ​​blood, Jim and I really didn’t really know how to help him, we were just kids.

Bringing Tom up we managed to get into a wood.

Our arms began to weigh and Tom was getting worse.

The road to the nearest cabin was still a lot but the leg needed a bandage instantly.

So Jim thought to medicate the wound using a few leaves and some twigs to close the bandage.

With the consent of Tom we decided to rest for a few hours in that forest, and then leave to seek help.

4
Huckleberry Finn by corinne tonti - Illustrated by Corinne Tonti - Ourboox.com

 

 

 

 

 

I have no idea how much time passed, but I only know that I was awakened by Jim’s screams. Tom was dead, the bandage was not properly made and my friend lost too much blood. He had remained open-eyed, and from his expression we could see how he had fought in silence. Even today I feel a lot of guilt, probably if we hadn’t stopped, Tom would have done it.

6
Huckleberry Finn by corinne tonti - Illustrated by Corinne Tonti - Ourboox.com

 

 

 

 

Immediately we decided to change direction to look for the nearest river and get us transported from anywhere else.

We built a beautiful raft, which we called ‘Sawyer’ as Tom’s surname. The body of my friend, we made him sink in the river, so that the current could take him home.

Jim and I traveled for another year together, then our roads parted when he decided to try his luck in California. We greeted each other from our rafts and never saw each other again.

8
Huckleberry Finn by corinne tonti - Illustrated by Corinne Tonti - Ourboox.com

 

 

 

 

 

I do not know why, but I came back to Widow Douglas, because I hoped she still wanted to take care of me. But it wasn’t , or not completely. In fact, she sent me to one of the strictest colleges in the country, because she said that she no longer wanted to deal with rebellious children like me. It wasn’t the same as it used to be … who knows what had happened to her.

10
Huckleberry Finn by corinne tonti - Illustrated by Corinne Tonti - Ourboox.com

 

 

 

 

The idea of ​​the college scared me so much. I couldn’t longer do what I wanted, I would have been trapped.

This was what I thought before entering.

Unlike my belief, I quickly got used to the rules and life of the college.

Initially it was difficult for someone like me, but attending school lessons, I became interested in all the scientific subjects, thanks to which I managed to become a doctor, in memory of my dear Tom.

12
Huckleberry Finn by corinne tonti - Illustrated by Corinne Tonti - Ourboox.com

 

 

 

 

 

After leaving the college I immediately found work in one of the hospitals of the city, because at the time many doctors were needed, since not everyone could afford to study. There I met your gorgeous grandmother. Then, you already know the rest of the story …

14
Huckleberry Finn by corinne tonti - Illustrated by Corinne Tonti - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content