Identity Experience
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Identity Experience

by

Artwork: Marwa, Jwana A, Aya A,Qamar, mohmmad,Ruba

  • Joined Jan 2021
  • Published Books 1
2

Ruba:

In this experience I want to talk about my uncle ,he is muslim and he married a foregin woman that is christian , in the beginning it was not easy and he faced many difficulties such as that my grandparents did not accept that especially that she is from another religion,but my uncle did not care and he married her and told them that religion is not a measure of how we should see the others.Also he went to live with her in her country without caring about the difficulties that he will face because of his religion or his name.

When he got there he really faced many problemes like how he is a muslim person and married a christian woman but that’s did not stop him and he faced all this problems And now my grandparents accept her in lovely way and my uncle has two children and he is so happy with her ,he isn’t facing problems he adapts to everything .

In my opinion , my uncle did a nice thing he did not allow for other to control in his life and he did not accept the way of judging others by their look,religion.

3

Qamar:

It did not happen when I was young. This happened to me a year ago.
When I got married, my husband and I went for a honeymoon to Thailand.  We had a very long and lovely time, and on the last day of our trip we had our belongings and bags for return.  But my husband and I had a very bad situation.
At the airport, there was a Jewish policeman who came and started asking us where are you from and what were you doing in Thailand, and did you meet friends there !!.They took us to a room and my husband to a different room and started asking us strange questions to  know if we knew each other or lying!  The situation was very strange and scandalous.

Personally, I was so scared of them and their questions. There was a strange question they asked us: When the wedding party ended, where did you go?.They asked us many questions to let them know that our answers were the same، this situation was harmful to feelings, and I think they did all this because we are Arabs and there is a difference and racism between the Jewish people and the Arabs in Israel.

4

Jwana:

It was my first day of school (seventh grade ) and I was the new girl in this class  , I entered the class in a very normal way and I was wearing my cross necklace, everyone was looking at my in a weird way , at first I thought that it’s because I am new but then I understood why , it was  because my religion was different . I was really confused and felt weird but I didn’t really care because my religion is part of my identity ,  So  I don’t really care about people’s opinion , and I think everyone should be proud of his identity no matter how different he is.

5

Aya Abo Saleh:

A year ago when I and my husband traveled, something happened to us that made us feel unsafe because of the identity and because we are Arabs. At the airport when we were waiting to hang over the bags, the worker asked us to give our identities and when he saw that we are Arab, he immediately told to the co-worker to put red stickers on the bags. The co-worker asked him why? He told him because they are Arab; we felt that we angry and they don’t believe us. when we opened our bags, they were untidy and we felt uncomfortable. In my oppinion we should like our identies and not to permeit anything affect us negativly.

6

Mohmamad Abo yonis:

A few years ago, my mother suffered form a major health crisis that  forced her to go to the hospital in Tel-Aviv where she undewent an open heart surgery so because of that she had to stay there for a long time.
One day during my visit to her i was inspect by the security in an insulting way and when i enter to the hospital i was exposed to racism and dirty talk because i was an arab boy. This was because during this period there were a war between Israel and Gaza, so the Palestinians were carrying out bombing operation in Israel and the injured people were in this hospital.

7

Marwa:

I want to talk about a situation that happened because my identity is an Arab identity.

 When I was in elementary school, we had a school trip, and during the trip, we went into an ice cream shop. The store worker was speaking Hebrew, And I don’t know how to speak Hebrew, and I couldn’t tell him what I wanted, and then signs of anger and boredom became visible on his face. And he acted to me like he couldn’t stand me in the shop.

Since then, I’ve been trying to learn Hebrew to connect with people around me who speak that language

8
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content