It’s frosty in New York by Group 2 - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

It’s frosty in New York

  • Joined Oct 2023
  • Published Books 1

James Smith has always loved cold New York with its beautiful parks. It was a place where he felt confident.

He was a lovable, generous, whiskey drinker with ginger hair and has a good head for figures. His friends saw him as a hero. Once, he had even helped an old woman cross the road. That’s the sort of man he was.

James walked over to the window and reflected on the beautiful view. It was snow and very cold.

2

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was a lovely angel with curly light hair. James recognized his young neighbour Jenny Chen. The freeze had made her cheeks flush and she seemed even more beautiful than she was. 

She was about nineteen and James had always thought that she had her head in the clouds. But at that moment he found something serious and magnetic in her eyes and fell head over heels in love.

3

James tried to keep his head when he saw Jane. But one day everything happened. They met on the way home and he was overcome with fever. Jane wanted to come up in a girl. But he didn’t know how to behave with her, what to say. And then he said sharply, “Hello, beauty! I’ve been following you for a long time. Let’s go together?” To this the girl thought that the guy was not right in the head and ran away. 

4

Jame wanted to disappear into thin air. Why did he say that? What happened to him? He always got to know girls standing on his head.

Unfortunately, there will be no happy ending here.

5

Idioms with head

 

1. Fall head over heels in love — fall deeply in love

6
18102023nglu

2. To be not right in the head — Be out of your mind

8
It’s frosty in New York by Group 2 - Ourboox.com

3. To have one’s head in the clouds – to be not serious, to daydream

10
It’s frosty in New York by Group 2 - Ourboox.com

4. Standing on one`s head – to do something without any difficulties.

12
It’s frosty in New York by Group 2 - Ourboox.com

5. To have a good head for figures – have a good knowledge of mathematics

14
It’s frosty in New York by Group 2 - Ourboox.com

Fill in the gaps with the idioms: to have one’s head in the clouds, standing on one`s head, to be hot right in the head, 

fall head over heels in love.

 

  1. The boy is good at fixing his bicycle. He can do it ________________.
  2. It was obvious that Alan _______________ with Veronica.
  3. She walks around all day with _____________She must be in love.
  4.   I stayed at Aunt AlicesShes not exactly ___________, but she’s awfully sweet (DHammeth)
16
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content