Let’s learn together / eTwinning Internatıonal Project
Subjects: Art, Citizenship, Foreign Languages, History of Culture, Informatics / ICT, Language and Literature
Age group: 8-12
Duration: 1 school year
ICT Tools: Chat, e-mail, Forum, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings,Google docs,Vocaroo, Voki, Tricider, Skype or Hangouts)
The basic ideas of this project are :
-to create a real connection and friendship between the partner students while learning a foreign language,
– to give the opportunity to use ICT tools
-to integrate the project into our curriculum
– to have an idea about other countries’ culture, lifestyle, kitchen, historical places in all over the Europe.
• To encourage pupils to learn to know each other ,each other’s cities and countries and, hopefully, become friends.
• To develop our pupils’ abilities to communicate in a foreign language, share information and connect virtually.
• To enhance our pupils’ ICT skills and facilities
• To enhance our pupils’ understanding and knowledge of different European countries and cultures
Permissions from parents for publishing students’ photos (safely) and creating an account in social media for using them in education.
15 November / 15 December – Introductions
Partner Teachers should prepare a web site using Weebly.
Partner teachers should prepare a poster using Postermywall or Canva
• Each student writes a short letter of introduction . Teachers send the letters to partner school and give one letter to each student. Students read each other’s letters and reply to introduce themselves.
*Online meeting with partners 30 th November
*one web 2 tool each month: First web 2 tool is : PADLET
Each partner teacher should prepare a padlet named ‘’ Who am I ?
15 December / 01 February ’Let’s learn Mediterranean
Partners will be responsible for different activities related to ‘’Let’s learn Mediterranean ‘’ activity. At the end of the activity, we should gather all the info together and create an e-book.
climate in winter, spring, summer and autumn in each partner country Turkey Zeliha
legends one from mediterranean countries Poland
food one traditional recipe from each partner country : Italy
drinks one traditional recipe from each partner country Greece
music one traditional song related to topic from each country Spain
countries: list of 21 countries (with capital city) of Mediterranean sea. Turkey Esen
art one well known painting /painter from each partner country. Turkey Bilge
Online meeting with one partner :
Online workshop for teachers
*Web 2 tool of the month : 2-KAHOOT
15 January/ 01 March / CODİNG
Partner Students / teachers get an hour of coding certificate .
Workshop for teachers: Coding
Online meeting with one partner
Web 2 tol of the month: SCRATCH
01 March / 01 April – Easter / My idol
• Each student writes a letter
Our idols – PowerPoint
• each student chooses one person from his/her own country and presents him/her on a PowerPoint slide. It can be a singer, a writer, an athlete, a musician, a politician…
• the teachers can gather the slides together as a PowerPoint presentation.
• Teachers can add links to different web-pages (exercises, quizzes e.g. Ball or No Ball? – Categorizing Sports or Children’s Books Quiz )
Students take photos,videos and share in twinspace,social media,project web site and project blog.
Web 2 tool of the month : Creating voice recording using vocaroo.
01 April / 01 May Fairy tales
Partner Students / teachers choose a fairy tale and start writing a modernized one. Each partner should write one part of the story.
*Web 2 tool of the month : Online collaborative writing using Google Docs
Ss draw pictures, prepare ppt, cut out activities related the subject.
Online meeting with one partner
Web 2 tools of the month : GOOGLE DOCS ,THİNKLİNK AND FLİPSNACK
01 May /01 June