MAMMA MIA!! by Amit Marcu - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

MAMMA MIA!!

  • Joined Dec 2021
  • Published Books 1

Mamma Mia!

 

Mamma Mia is one of many amazing, popular songs that was given to as by the great Swedish band ABBA.

That was the first group from a non-English-speaking country to achieve consistent success in the charts of English-speaking countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and many more.

 

The song was written by Benny AnderssonBjörn Ulvaeus and Stig Anderson.

It is the opening track on the group’s third album. The song was released in September 1975 as its sixth single.

 

Interesting fact is “Mamma Mia” was never intended for release as a single. Around this time, many artists were recording ABBA songs and ABBA offered “Mamma Mia” to British pop group Brotherhood of Man, who turned it down.

Luckily the song was recorded by ABBA

with the lead vocals shared by Agnetha Fältskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad.

 

The song had a huge success world-wide and “Mamma Mia”  reached number one in the UK Singles Chart in January 1976.


 

 

 

2

3

The lyrics

personally I think that one of the main reasons the song is so popular till this day is the incredible beat , rhythm and ofcourse the lyrics.

anybody can relate to the songs themes of love, conflict, heartbreak, betrayal, regret, and the famous cry for help “Mamma Mia!!”

the lyrics of the song describe an emotional rollercoaster that anyone has experienced, in some form, during their lives which keeps this song relevant through out the decades.

 

 

4

Mamma Mia lyrics

I’ve been cheated by you since I don’t know when
So I made up my mind, it must come to an end
Look at me now, will I ever learn
I don’t know how, but I suddenly lose control
There’s a fire within my soul
and I can hear a bell ring
(One more look) and I forget everything, whoa
Mamma mia, here I go again
My, my, how can I resist you?
Mamma mia, does it show again
My, my, just how much I’ve missed you?
Yes, I’ve been brokenhearted
Blue since the day we parted
Why, why did I ever let you go?
Mamma mia, now I really know
My, my, I could never let you go
I’ve been angry and sad about things that you do
I can’t count all the times that I’ve told you we’re through
And when you go, when you slam the door
I think you know that you won’t be away too long
You know that I’m not that strong
and I can hear a bell ring
(One more look) and I forget everything, whoa
Mamma mia, here I go again
My, my, how can I resist you?
Mamma mia, does it show again
My, my, just how much I’ve missed you?
Yes, I’ve been brokenhearted
Blue since the day we parted
Why, why did I ever let you go?
Mamma mia, even if I say
Bye-bye, leave me now or never
Mamma mia, it’s a game we play
Bye-bye doesn’t mean forever
Mamma mia, here I go again
My, my, how can I resist you?
Mamma mia, does it show again
My, my, just how much I’ve missed you?
Yes, I’ve been brokenhearted
Blue since the day we parted
Why, why did I ever let you go?
Mamma mia, now I really know
My, my, I could never let you go
5

The Musical

What cemented the song as a pop-couture icon was the musical that first premiered in London 1999.

Over 65 million people have seen the show, which has grossed over $4 billion worldwide since its debut.

The musical has countless versions worldwide including Broadway productions that keep ABBA songs popular.

Written by British playwright Catherine Johnson and composed by band members: Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus.

The musical was based on the top hits of the band “ABBA”.

The main storyline of the musical is a love triangle and the relationship between a mother and a daughter which fits perfectly to the lyrics of the bands best songs.

 

 

6

7

The movie

Even more proof for the huge success of the bands songs is that after concurring the world with best selling albums and plays the band has made its move to the big screen with a movie, 33 years after the song “Mamma Mia” was released.

the movies plot is based on the musical, staring top actors such as Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and many more.

the movie was the fifth highest grossing film of 2008 and made way to a sequel that pemiered in 2018 called “Mamma Mia! here we go again”.

8

9

Personal Note

As I have described in this ebook, its undeniable that the song “Mamma Mia” was and is a popular song duo to its relatability, unique rhythm, catchy lyrics, relevance and story telling.

personally I love all of ABBAs songs since I can remember my self. I think thats living proof that even though I was born 20 years after “Mamma Mia” was released it still lives on with me and generations to come.

attached to the end of the ebook is an amazing Mamma Mia cover by 12 year old south Korean guitarist from 2011.

Enjoy 🙂

 

10

11
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content