Mel’s Ten Tips on Oral Hygiene and Caries Prevention by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Illustrated by Cover illustration - Rotem Omri - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Mel’s Ten Tips on Oral Hygiene and Caries Prevention

by

Artwork: Cover illustration - Rotem Omri

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1552

Dental professionals – Make sure to visit your dentist and hygienist regularly, at least once or twice a year. It’s always better to catch a cavity at the very beginning of its development, and not wait for it to get huge, ruin the tooth and possibly infect other ones.

2

Cut down on Sweets

Sticky and sweet candies, snacks and sweet carbonated drinks, help the bacteria destroy your teeth especially when they are eaten individually.  It’s probably better to eat them before meals and to clean your teeth afterwards.

3

Chewing gum– Prefer sugar-free chewing gum, and chew for just a few minutes. The gum gets the saliva flowing (saliva cleanses the teeth, and has natural antibacterial agents).

4

Toothpaste – All you need is a pea-sized portion (the toothpaste companies want us to use much more). Fluoride toothpaste has an added benefit in preventing dental decay.

5

Fluoride Mouthwash – Mouthwashes with fluoride can be helpful for children, if your dentist recommends it. Mouthwashes without alcohol should be preferred.

6

Drink enough water – Saliva is an important component in limiting tooth decay. Make sure you drink enough water during the day so that your mouth doesn’t dry out (and neither should you!).

7

Dental floss – Dental floss cleans between your teeth where the toothbrush can’t reach. The area between the teeth is where many cavities develop. You can double up the floss for an even better clean. Make sure to ask your dental professional how to floss properly (and how to brush properly, for that matter).

8

Breakfast – Eat a wholesome breakfast. Salads, porridge, whole grain bread. It cleanses your mouth, prevents bad breath, and is good for you!

9

Your caries risk – If you already have cavities (or ones that have been filled), you are at risk of having more. Pay even more attention to your oral hygiene to avoid more problems as you grow older.

10

Toothbrush– Change your toothbrush as often as you can afford to, and certainly every few months. Don’t throw out your old one, there are so many things you can do with a used toothbrush (http://www.ourboox.com/books/what-to-do-with-a-used-toothbrush-2/)

 

 

 

11
12
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content