Janis Joplin by Adam assi - Illustrated by Adam assi - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Janis Joplin

by

Artwork: Adam assi

  • Joined Dec 2019
  • Published Books 1

Janis Lyn Joplin (January 19, 1943 – October 4, 1970) was an American singer-songwriter who sang rock, soul and blues music. One of the most successful and widely known rock stars of her era, she was known for her powerful mezzo-sopranovocals and “electric” stage presence.

on Friday night, October 2 Joplin was disappointment (over both of her friends’ bailing out of their ménage à trois)and mentioned that to her drug dealer on Saturday while he was selling her the dose of heroin that killed her, as Caserta later learned from the drug dealer.

 

2

Her first song, “What Good Can Drinkin’ Do”, was recorded on tape in December 1962 at the home of a fellow University of Texas student. start of the successful story

3

in 1966 She was recruited to join the group by Chet Helms, a promoter who had known her in Texas and who at the time was managing Big Brother.

4

can you recognize this masterpiece too?

 

 

5

One of Joplin’s earliest major performances in 1967 was at the Mantra-Rock Dance, a musical event held on January 29 at the Avalon Ballroom by the San Francisco Hare Krishna temple.

6

Known for her powerful, blues-inspired vocals, Joplin released her first solo effort, I Got Dem Ol’ Kozmic Blues Again Mama!, in 1969.

 

7

also!!!!!!

 

8

the only Joplin album recorded with the Full Tilt Boogie Band, her final touring unit.

 

9

the best for the last!!

10
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content