The Chairman of the Board by masa ghantous - Illustrated by Masa Ghantous  - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Chairman of the Board

by

Artwork: Masa Ghantous

  • Joined Jan 2021
  • Published Books 1

Frank Sinatra.

As so called The chairman of The board.

one of the most popular entertainers of the 20th century.

Singer and actor Frank Sinatra rose to fame singing big band numbers.

In the 1940s and 1950s, he had a dazzling array of hit songs and albums and went on to appear in dozens of films, winning a supporting actor Oscar for his role in From Here to Eternity.

 

2
The Chairman of the Board by masa ghantous - Illustrated by Masa Ghantous  - Ourboox.com

 

Frank Sinatra is a legend. His music was the soundtrack to the second half of the 20th century and the best Frank Sinatra songs resonate as strongly today as they ever did.

 

4

“All Or Nothing At All” (1939)

“All Or Nothing At All” was written by Arthur Altman and Jack Lawrence in 1939. Frank Sinatra first recorded it in 1939 with the Harry James Orchestra. It gained little notice at that point in time. However, Columbia Records reissued it in 1943 during the 1942-1944 Musicians’ Strike that prevented creating new recordings. This time around it hit #2 on the charts and became a Frank Sinatra classic.

5

“I’ve Got the World On a String” (1953)

Cab Calloway and Bing Crosby introduced the world to “I’ve Got the World On a String.” Frank Sinatra recorded it in 1953 and took it to #14 on the pop chart. It is recognized as one of Frank Sinatra’s classic upbeat songs. He re-recorded it in 1993 with Liza Minnelli for his 1993 album Duets.

 

6

“Fly Me To the Moon” (1964)

Kaye Ballard created the first recording of “Fly Me To the Moon” under the title “In Other Words” in 1954. It was released on a single along with “Lazy Afternoon.” The song became a favorite of jazz and pop singers over the next decade. In 1964, Frank Sinatra recorded it under the more popular title “Fly Me To the Moon” for his album .

 

7

“That’s Life” (1966)

 

8

“Somethin’ Stupid” with Nancy Sinatra (1967)

In 1967, Frank Sinatra and his daughter Nancy Sinatra turned “Somethin’ Stupid” into a #1 smash pop hit.

It is the only father-daughter duet to hit #1 on the US pop chart. “Somethin’ Stupid” earned a Grammy Award nomination for Record of the Year.

 

9

“My Way” (1969)

It was recorded in December 1968 and released in early 1969 as the title single for Frank Sinatra’s latest album. The song peaked at #27 on the pop chart and #2 easy listening. In the UK, it achieved a phenomenal record by spending 75 weeks in the pop top 40 from April 1969 through September 1971.

 

10

“Theme From ‘New York, New York'” (1979)

John Kander and Fred Ebb wrote it specifically for her to sing. Two years later it became a Frank Sinatra signature song when he recorded it for his critically celebrated album Trilogy: Past Present Future. “Theme From New York, New York” became Frank Sinatra’s final top 40 pop hit when it climbed to #32 on the pop chart in 1980. He later recorded a duet version with Tony Bennett for his 1993 album Duets

 

11

“New York, New York” was Sinatra’s last song to feature on the Billboard Hot 100, entering the chart in the summer of 1980. From the point that Frank first began performing this song, just about everyone wanted to hear it at his concerts.

12
The Chairman of the Board by masa ghantous - Illustrated by Masa Ghantous  - Ourboox.com

We may have lost Frank Sinatra in life but His influence on the music business remains undiminished, as his records continue to sell. Many of the films in which he appeared are considered classics, and a number have been remade.

As Frank said :

“The biggest lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.”

14
The Chairman of the Board by masa ghantous - Illustrated by Masa Ghantous  - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content