Nancy Wake
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Nancy Wake – The White Mouse

by

Artwork: Zohar Fogelman, Barak Slapak, Roy Idan, י2 ו י5

  • Joined Jan 2020
  • Published Books 1

Nancy Wake born in auguest 30th 1912 and died at auguest 7th 2011. She worked for Pat O’Leary escape line and for the SOE in france, she participated in the World War 2 and was mentioned in the SOE history for her service. She lived in Marseille with her french husband Henry Fiocca. After the war Nancy became courier for the Pat O’Leary escape network. As a network member she was helping allies’ air force to evacuate from the German captivity and to escape to Spain who was neutral. In 1973 her husband Henry was executed. After she reached Great Britian she joined the SOE as a member of a crew called “Freelance”

2

Nancy was appointed a Chevalier of the Legion of honour in 1970 and was promoted to Officer of the Legion of Honour in 1988. After the war she decorations in Australia but was turned down. After decades Australia offered to award her medals but she refused. In April 2006 she was awarded the Royal New Zealand Returned and Services’ Association’s highest honour, the RSA Badge in Gold.On 3 June 2010, a “heritage pylon” paying tribute to Wake was unveiled on Oriental Parade in Wellington, New Zealand, near the place of her birth.

3

Bibliography

Wikipedia.

Google pictures.

 

A short survey.

Rate your experience in the book please.

  Really enjoyed
  enjoyed
  Was average
  Didn’t enjoyed
  Didn’t enjoyed at all
4
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content