Panic at Jennoville by Yael Hirschler - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Panic at Jennoville

  • Joined Mar 2020
  • Published Books 1

Panic at Jennoville

 

 

By: Jenny Cohen Rubin, Yael Hirschler Halifa, Rawan Alsana, Massa Sherbini, Dana Shalom, Liat Sandak.

 

Based of the story of The Wise King by Khalil Gibran.

2

Jennoville was a large city in the Southern district of Cherrysburg, with a population of over two hundred thousand people. Jennoville was run by a great mayor who was adorned by many and many looked up to him to keep the peace in the city. To the people of Jennoville popularity held great importance; people dressed well and carried themselves gracefully. One day, a local reporter decided to spread a rumor regarding the cleanliness of the water in the city. The people of the city got very worried and started to panic while the rumors spread like wildfire; WhatsApp messages and emails were sent across town notifying the people of the great danger in the water “Don’t Shower and Don’t Drink the Water” the headlines all said, a sense of fear and helplessness overtook the city.

 

Due to the fact that the city’s well was the only source of drinking water, the people of the city heavily depended on the well and therefore were sensitive to any issues concerning the water. After witnessing the panic of his people and reading the “fake” news, the mayor knew he had to take drastic measures in order to calm the people down. Instead of ignoring the current situation and to let matters settle on their own, the mayor of the city got on the national news live broadcast and poured himself a glass of water, drinking it down in one go. He  announced that this “fake news” was spread by his opponents, using a local newspaper reporter to mislead the people with disinformation fake news in order to promote his party and his political status.

 

3
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content