Parametric design by lidor farjun - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Parametric design

  • Joined Mar 2021
  • Published Books 10

Have you ever thought why ‘Shenkar college’ choose to combine Art and Engineering and what can be the combination between these two field?

Lets learn about the the term ‘Parametric design’

 

The concept of parametric design refers to the use of algorithms, equations, and rules to model and design complex systems and forms. This approach allows for the manipulation of design variables in real-time, leading to efficient and precise control over the design process,Parametric design can be demonstrated in various fields including architecture, design, industrial and technological procedures.

 

 

2

To understand the term ‘Parametric design’, lets take a look about a unique project that combine architecture, design, and technological procedures.

The Hexagonal Grid of ‘Kaohsiung Pop Music Center’ Designed by: Manuel Monteserín

 

The Kaohsiung Pop Music Center consists of an outdoor auditorium for 12,000 people, a concert hall for 3,500 people, six live houses, five restaurants connected by a walkway, two towers, a museum and rehearsal rooms, a center of exhibitions and a series of parks and walks that connect the entire intervention.

3
Parametric design by lidor farjun - Ourboox.com

Kaohsiung Pop Center envisions a landscape made up of geometries salvaged from the seafloor. Foams, corals, seaweed, waves, and aquatic animals are arranged on the surface and specialized for specific uses so that each piece has its own personality and a formal challenge while also being integrated into a shared ecosystem.

Each piece manifests its own personality and, at the same time, is integrated into a common ecosystem.

 

The use of each of these design architectures, give the project a unique signature in the landscape of Taiwan which makes it one of the most famous projects in Asia. the use of the parametric design combines the river and the ecosystem, make the most of natural resources and give the average person the feeling of nature and future design, which gives him the ability to identify for this kind of design.

5
Parametric design by lidor farjun - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content